Tomix - New Releases

That HO 485 looks pretty sharp. Also nice they’re producing some picture train names for it. But around ¥140,000 for a 12 car train. Certainly a large investment.

• Like 1

I would love that 485 series, but unfortunately don't have  the income or layout to justify it.  Certainly a nice model though!

• Like 1

Tomix's 1/80 scale "Bonnets" are lovely models. Whenever I run mine on the club layout or at exhibitions they get a lot of attention.

spacer.png

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 4

There’s just something very elegant about the design and colour scheme of the JNR limited expresses. Quite like the look of the Kuro with the small individual windows. A Hitachi would certainly be less of an investment at 9 cars and I don’t have any EMUs, but a 581/583 would sway me more to part with my cash.

Edited by Kamome
1 hour ago, Kamome said:

a 581/583 would sway me more to part with my cash.

You wouldn't be disappointed, they're also very nice models. And I'm with you 100% on the JNR LE stock, they're all very stylish.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 4

I know. I really should stick to N scale as it’s more in my price range and available space, but there’s always the few pieces that tempt me.

• Haha 1
Modellbahn JP

TOMIX released HO scale JR-Hokkaido Series 183 DMU last week.

KTM's official shop at Yokohama posted on theirs twitter.

Edited by Modellbahn JP
  • Like 2

Couple of Tomytec bus collections (yes the continuation of the 'All Japan Bus series'), an EVA wrapping train, and a couple of other train sets. As for Tomix, there seem to be more rolling stocks and engines, and the re-release of the E259 which they have finally included the opening door mechanism for coupling 2 6-car sets together... neat but not gonna buy a 6-car set just for those parts....

• Like 3

The N'EX will make the Kato's one obsolete !

It seems their new option for gangways implemented on Tobu 500 become a standard. Very good. 

Edited by JR East
25 minutes ago, JR East said:

The N'EX will make the Kato's one obsolete !

Only for people that want to run and can run 12-car trains. Seeing the size limitations most modelers have, this feature will be more interesting to implement on shorter trains like the Tobu Revalty or JR East Series 253, which also ran in 3+3 and 3+6 (and 3+3+6) consists.

19 minutes ago, disturbman said:

Only for people that want to run and can run 12-car trains. Seeing the size limitations most modelers have, this feature will be more interesting to implement on shorter trains like the Tobu Revalty or JR East Series 253, which also ran in 3+3 and 3+6 (and 3+3+6) consists.

You're right, 12 cars make a long train (mines rarely exceed 9 cars). Anyway, offering this option is really great. 

Yey, more HO Koki 107s without JRF logos! 😞 Although i’ll probably bite as i’m worried i have too many 31 foot containers.

I’d just like an EH500 at some point.

That Kosaka line acid train in N looks nice though. 

Strangely enough, the Tomix train has running numbers factory-applied, same number as the original base and additional set release. Factory-appplied running numbers are usually reserved to limited edition sets.

1 hour ago, disturbman said:

Strangely enough, the Tomix train has running numbers factory-applied, same number as the original base and additional set release. Factory-appplied running numbers are usually reserved to limited edition sets.

The 3/4 car basic sets usually have factory-applied numbers, though it is unusual for add-on sets.

25 minutes ago, railsquid said:

The 3/4 car basic sets usually have factory-applied numbers, though it is unusual for add-on sets.

It don't think it's that common. On the Tomix Revalty non-limited editions (two 3-car sets), the numbers come on a transfer sheet, same for the Series 253 or the Urban Liner.

The only other set I know that comes with running numbers pre-applied is the Shimakaze, and like the E259 it's a 6-car formation. I have checked a few 4-car and 3-car basic sets and haven't found one with factory-applied numbers. Do you have specific sets in mind? The Moonlight Echigos come factory applied but they model specific units.

For the E259, having pre-applied running numbers kind of defeat the purpose of having opening communication doors.

Edited by disturbman
20 minutes ago, disturbman said:

It don't think it's that common. On the Tomix Revalty non-limited editions (two 3-car sets), the numbers come on a transfer sheet, same for the Series 253 or the Urban Liner.

The three basic sets in my possession (92336, 92343 and 92304) all have factory-applied numbers. I haven't rigorously checked every available set but my impression is that they do, for the most part, come like that.

BTW by "basic set" I mean the mostly 3-car packs in cardboard packaging which Tomix label as "3両セットシリーズ" (though confusingly some have 4 cars).

14 minutes ago, railsquid said:

BTW by "basic set" I mean the mostly 3-car packs in cardboard packaging which Tomix label as "3両セットシリーズ" (though confusingly some have 4 cars).

I see, that's what I was trying to verify but it appears that HS info was wrong on the sets I knew were part of this line of product. The Revalty and the Urban Liner, do in fact come with pre-applied running numbers. "Basic set" was maybe misleading, because there are a lot of other basic sets. Make sense that these have the numbers applied as they are more oriented towards beginners.

Mistery solved. Thank you, Squidy-Boo.

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 1

I was kind of hoping we'd get a rerun of the HO JNR tank cars, espically the Taki 3000 series that they did long ago and now I can never find.

The DD13 private mining train is really neat, I suppose with the success of the DD51 last run train we may see a few similar sets now.

Edited by Kiha66

I'm looking to the mining train as well, debating whether just to get one or two of the DD13s to pull it. Been trying to refocus more on freight lately, realized I kinda strayed away from my focus and ended up with a lot of trains that while still in area (JR East) aren't really what I set out wanting to run. Also been finding stuff I forgot I had which is never a good sign...