Tomix - New Releases

Yes, that's true. And I'm sure it will be a very nicely detailed and finished model with a good mechanism. I have a small fleet of the Tomix Meitetsu and Kotoden electric cars, and they tick all the boxes! 👍

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

Those small electric cars look very nice. I’m slightly interested by the 6 car Suro 81 Ozashiki.

I believe Tomix made this many years ago product number HO-001.

Not sure if i will order as it’s quite a special train but at least it’s a full consist.

On 8/27/2021 at 4:54 PM, disturbman said:

Paint seems very grainy, it must be pearlescent. I wonder how it looks irl.

The paint is always something very difficult on such a small scale as pearlescent 'effect' is very hard to reproduce. I got the Saphir Odoriko and what Kato succeed in doing is simply a miracle. I'm waiting for receiving my Tobu 500 to make a comparison. To follow ...

Edited by JR East
mistyping correction
  • Like 1

Noooooo, so many Trains i need T_T .....

-Serie 215

-Shinkansen 300 (i Love this Series)

-ED76 + serie 50 Coaches

-DD51 + OHA 61

(-Building Collection)

-Red Express

Oh men, this not Fair 😱

• Like 1

Wow Tomix, that’s how to do some announcements. 

That Kirishima and Red Express would be great as would the 215 which is so ugly, but so appealing and another chance for a 300, possibly feel I should have a rail star too. Even the Hokkaido stuff is a welcome addition. That’s an impressive list. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Guess which one of the above set me racing!!! 

Railstar + 300 + 215? I'm not sure your heart can take it.

45 minutes ago, disturbman said:

Railstar + 300 + 215? I'm not sure your heart can take it.

Wahaha you're almost right! But luckily i already have the Railstar *phew* and the 300 series (the one that warps)... unless i really want a full consist, which i really thing i shouldnt... too much going into FULL consist these days.... 😞

Das Steinkopf

300 with 3 panto faster than expected...(I hope only not the same month of Microace, depend of MA delay)

On 4/5/2021 at 12:13 PM, jappomania said:

an expensive "downgrade" 🤑 ,  old panto and shield but with the third already removed....  4-5 years (or less) and the family will be completed, miss the original version with 3 panto (J0 is another thing..), maybe Tomix can do it faster (and cheap), at 99% all the molds are already done

another couple of "books" for my library 🥵

ciao!

Massimo

bad and good news for me, finding more storage space for another couple of books, but surely, soon a lot of old sets on sale for kitbashing 😍

Ciao!

Massimo

maybe 3 Railstar's are enough for me....the number 4 is not necessary

Wow!  I certainly was not expecting that 215.  Thank goodness micro ace canceled theirs, this will be a much nicer set.

Edited by Kiha66

Wow, Railstar and 300 series at the same time! I told myself I would wait around patiently for key re-releases before starting my Shinkansen collection, expecting that to spread out the cost over several years. Nope. Ok, I'm ready to dive in!

I definitely do not have a big enough yard on my layout for what's about to happen...

• Haha 1

Hang on, I need some pre-order advice from the experts here:

Normally I would pre-order from HobbySearch, but the 300 series come out in February and the RailStar comes out in March. I'd rather not pay DHL shipping twice, but I know HobbySearch doesn't combine releases from different months.

What's the best alternative? Would RG-Rokko facilitate this type of pre-order and combined shipment? (There's other stuff I would like from them anyway, so that would be very cool). Or is there another one of the Suppliers that would be better suited?

1 hour ago, James-SNMB said:

Hang on, I need some pre-order advice from the experts here:

Normally I would pre-order from HobbySearch, but the 300 series come out in February and the RailStar comes out in March. I'd rather not pay DHL shipping twice, but I know HobbySearch doesn't combine releases from different months.

What's the best alternative? Would RG-Rokko facilitate this type of pre-order and combined shipment? (There's other stuff I would like from them anyway, so that would be very cool). Or is there another one of the Suppliers that would be better suited?

Hi James, you might wanna drop Rail Rokko a message to see if they can accomodate your requests. Most retailers dont allow pre-orders of different months to be shipped together, but then again the pre-order release month is just an indicative date, it might delay or be brought forward, no one knows for certain until it is much closer to the date 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Hi James, you might wanna drop Rail Rokko a message to see if they can accomodate your requests. Most retailers dont allow pre-orders of different months to be shipped together, but then again the pre-order release month is just an indicative date, it might delay or be brought forward, no one knows for certain until it is much closer to the date 

Thanks! I appreciate the insight. It's good to have a gauge of how reasonable the request is before I engage them. I'll send them an email, but I'll keep my expectations in check.

Very good point about the variability of release dates. Kato and Tomix certainly seem to be pretty much dead on in their forecasts compared to the US manufacturers I've preordered from, but these times are different and disruptions would be reasonable to expect.

the 1st class quality of service of Modeltrainplus - Nariichi Takayama is hard to find, price is really good and he offer the best support for personal shopping, combined shipping etc..

(maybe 100-200 JPY more, but normally less than the rest of the world, excluding bargain sale or similar, Nariichi prices are cheapest)

I'm sure that Rokko can do the same, till now I bought from them a couple of "sold out" items and prices and service was perfect
in the last 5 years I've not found better (and sincerly I've not searched, Nariichi is a friend now so I don't need more, I buy from the rest of the world only items that Nariichi can't find or can cause much troubles than gains like books, magazines etc...)

and.. be aware, Shinkansen collection can begon really expensive....

ciao!

Massimo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Might be worth checking the re-run section of their website as well as sometimes reproductions don’t get listed on the posters unless there’s been a sizeable gap in release dates or they’ve made design changes.

I’d like to see them do an ED76 500 in HO.

Edited by Kamome