Tomix - New Releases

8 minutes ago, nah00 said:

Well so much for finishing my set. Just have to keep remembering to check Mandarake from time to time.

Just exchange the couplers on 2 bogies and you should be fine if you only have a trailer (and not a motor) in the second set. Pay attention to the polarity or you will have a tiny barbecue.

• Thanks 1
Das Steinkopf
On 5/13/2021 at 11:00 PM, Das Steinkopf said:

That is until Tomytec unleashes it's wrath upon us with a cascade of buses and trucks.

Well I really Johnahed myself with this one didn't I, as predicted Tomytec would come to the party and destroy my victory dance.

Yesterday, Tomix announced that they will, for the first time, be releasing an N scale model of the 201 series:

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/n/kt2021201.html

Scheduled to be released this winter.

An interesting addition to their, extensive, lineup of J.N.R. designed commuter types, as with exception of the 101 series, they now cover the entire range (from the 72/73 series to the 103 series (multiple variations) to the 201 series and ending with the 205 series, first released last year) with the exception of a few specialized types (301 series, 203 series and the 207 series 900 sub-type (prototype).

June announcements

1:80 scale

Edited by katem
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

Oooh, I think I'll have to order that Shooting Star!!

Me too. Another train I can use the disco lighting in I guess.

• Haha 2

😭  f....k Shinkansen 800 number....... 13

it's like the 500, more models than real trains, but 800 is more dangerous, is like an advertising billboard    I need another closet.....

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, jappomania said:

I need another closet.....

To hide your walled in? I think we proved that does not work.

Edited by disturbman
1 hour ago, disturbman said:

To hide your walled in? I think we proved that does not work.

nooh.... 😇  , just the space for new "books" is over, another 4 or 5 Shinkansen before Xmas was not planned ("E4 last run" not yet announced... but Tomix is specialized in wrapping)
maybe I sell the double/triple sets bought for kitbashing .... (or the last H0 relics... the TGVs closet is still full)

good news for Nariichi! 🤑

Ciao!

Massimo

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, jappomania said:

("E4 last run" not yet announced... but Tomix is specialized in wrapping)

and in obstructing the lower floor with a giant motor 0.o. I hope KATO will make it instead but they probably won't.

49 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

and in obstructing the lower floor with a giant motor 0.o. I hope KATO will make it instead but they probably won't.

I agree at 111% , but also I would like to complete the library started 20 years ago with 0 Sayonara (Tomix is specialized with sayonara, arigatou etc... and if both do the E4 "Thank you Max" it's simple .... understood? anyway the better thing is that the f..ing Omiya sets are gone, the last 2 are a real nightmare to find)

anyway if Kato decide to only re-release the original E4 will be a good news, I really hate to see the 2 "Toki" head cars alone without the rest of the train... (and one base+add+on now is really overpriced...)

59 minutes ago, jappomania said:

anyway the better thing is that the f..ing Omiya sets are gone, the last 2 are a real nightmare to find)

wait, what? I know about the birth of the ibis Omiya set, but what is the other special E4 omiya set you are referring to?

4 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

wait, what? I know about the birth of the ibis Omiya set, but what is the other special E4 omiya set you are referring to?

oops, sorry for the misunderstanding Michel, I'm talking about Omiya in general, all the sets released (200-30th anniversary, E3, E4 Toki, E2-N13, 200 sayonara and 400-L62), the last 2 still missing and I really I hope that a similar series will never be released again (for foreigners like us it is hard enough to find limited series, sets that are only sold in a shop are the most difficult)

ciao!

Massimo

Hmm. The 800 series is I think the Shinkansen I like best. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t work on my layout though 

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf
40 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

I am very safe with this one, the only pieces of freight stock they have on offer is the rerelease of the 5 car KoKi 110 set as well as a couple of TaKi 1000's including 8713 which I already have, I really wish they brought out a KoKi 104 with taillights as well as some regular KoKi 104's for me to burn some cash on.

Tomix recently have been probing into MicroAce territory. Those KiHa 185s have only been modelled by MA before. And not the first time in the past year I have seen this happening.

The 4 car kiha 185 I might take a strong look at. I have the 2 car MA version. But being able to run 2, 3 or 4 car give flexibility.

Edited by katoftw

oh no, so many things I want T_T - 72/73, EF66, E4, Suisei and akatsuki, KOKI110 and I still have 1 3/4 pages pre-orders at HS.... nooooooooo, and I didn't order the Kiha40, KIHA185 and E231

Edited by shiniji
12 minutes ago, shiniji said:

oh no, so many things I want T_T - 72/73, EF66, E4, Suisei and akatsuki, KOKI110 and I still have 1 3/4 pages pre-orders at HS.... nooooooooo, and I didn't order the Kiha40, KIHA185 and E231

Time for you to buy another warehouse 😉

• Haha 1

I'd have thought I'd be safe, but then I noticed the Ueda Kotsu electric car in 1/80th scale...

Cheers,

Mark.

• Haha 1
Das Steinkopf
3 hours ago, marknewton said:

I'd have thought I'd be safe, but then I noticed the Ueda Kotsu electric car in 1/80th scale...

Cheers,

Mark.

On the flipside it will probably be a lot more cheaper than if Tenshodo or one of the other niche HO manufacturers had brought out a model of it.