Tomix - New Releases

Really happy about the HO DF50s and Koki/Kokifu 50000s. 

The Oigawa Thomas C11 set and the Tobu Revaty are interesting announcements. The modular station also looks good. Tomix have really been creating some exciting layout items over the last few months.

• Like 2

I didn't even see the koki 50000's were coming back, that's good news!  Glad I didn't buy overpriced used ones a few months back.  I wonder if they'll release containers to go along with them?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Kamome said:

Really happy about the HO DF50s and Koki/Kokifu 50000s. 

I already have a pair of DF50s so I'm relatively immune to temptation there. They're a very heavy and powerful model with plenty of additional detail parts for you to attach. If you get one you won't be disappointed.

I've pre-ordered a single Koki 50000 and some C20 containers though. Looking at photos of freight trains toward the end of the steam era I've noticed that there's often a single container flat car in the consist. They make a great contrast to the typical black four-wheel wagons of the era.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, marknewton said:

I already have a pair of DF50s so I'm relatively immune to temptation there. They're a very heavy and powerful model with plenty of additional detail parts for you to attach. If you get one you won't be disappointed.

I've pre-ordered a single Koki 50000 and some C20 containers though. Looking at photos of freight trains toward the end of the steam era I've noticed that there's often a single container flat car in the consist. They make a great contrast to the typical black four-wheel wagons of the era.

Cheers,

Mark.

Cheers Mark, i’ve preordered a red DF50. I’ve been after one for a while. I missed out on a reasonably priced one which actually wasn’t that far off a brand new one.   I was hoping to get a few Koki 50000s as i’ve seen a number of photos of mixed freight whereby container flats were mixed in with other freight wagons. I assume container trains were broken up at major hubs and then sent on to their destination on the next available trains. 

Im trying to construct an interesting freight train for my EF71\ED78 to pull and have seen a few photos with them pulling a very mixed rake of wagons, in the JNR days.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, katoftw said:

Any guess why they put the motor in one of rhe passenger cars and not the c11 on the Thomas set?

HHhmmm i'm sure the Thomas is also motorised, as it is also sold on its own (8602) and the price really doesnt justify it NOT being a motorised C11.... The motor in the 2nd passenger set in the special set is probably to assist in pulling and pushing, though i might be wrong.... 

image.thumb.png.37bb893b6fbf1debc4df47d4ef2630e0.png

• Like 1

Oops!

I'm really overworked. I'm not dealing well with the last lockdown. Thought we were talking about the older, toy-like releases 😲😄

49 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

HHhmmm i'm sure the Thomas is also motorised, as it is also sold on its own (8602) and the price really doesnt justify it NOT being a motorised C11.... The motor in the 2nd passenger set in the special set is probably to assist in pulling and pushing, though i might be wrong.... 

image.thumb.png.37bb893b6fbf1debc4df47d4ef2630e0.png

The standalone C11 is motorized, like the non-standalone one:

"Reproduce the C11 type, which will be the Thomas the Tank Engine, by new production including the power mechanism"

Seeing that the second locomotive is a Trailer and not a Motor, I'm guessing they put the motor in an in between car to avoid derailments in case the two engines are not running at the same velocity. Especially with Rapido couplers, having two engines on the opposite sides of the train might not be that reliable.

Just a guess. 

• Like 1

A brief translation from the Tomix Oigawa Kikansha Thomas page.

Point 1

New production of the Thomas C11 including motor mechanism.

Point 2

The appearance of the Suhafu 42-286 type with a gangway door on the toilet side is reproduced by new production, and the tail light is also lit on the toilet end.

Point 3

Newly manufactured Ibuki 501 type The deck part is integrally molded to reproduce the handrail shape The coupler adopts the same structure as the TOMIX 2-axle freight car

Point 4

Auxiliary motor vehicle equipped with a motor on Oha 47 type is reproduced by new production
 Adjustable dial at the end of the car to accommodate the running speed of the locomotive

Additional information

About Thomas the Tank Engine
 ・ Product specifications are the same as <8602> on the left.
 ■ About passenger cars
 -Reproduce the 7 cars that turned orange
 ・ Oha 47-398 is a vehicle equipped with a motor with a flywheel and has a speed adjustment mechanism. ・ Oha 47-398 ・ Suhafu 42-184 has a silver window that reproduces the silver color of the aluminum sash.
 ・ Oha 47 type is TR23 type only for No. 81, and other vehicles are equipped with TR47 type
 ・ The SUHAFU 42 type is equipped with a taillight constantly lit board and has an ON-OFF switch.
 ・ The toilet side of the 286th tail light of the SUHAFU 42 type is lit.
 For other vehicles, the conductor room side lights up
 -Shafu 42-286 type reproduces the appearance with a through door on the wife side on the toilet side-The car number is not reproduced in the model
 ・ New current collection system, black wheels adopted (excluding M cars)

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 1/16/2021 at 3:00 PM, Kamome said:

i’ve seen a number of photos of mixed freight whereby container flats were mixed in with other freight wagons. I assume container trains were broken up at major hubs and then sent on to their destination on the next available trains. 

That's more or less how it was done. We had a thread some years ago where this was discussed:

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, disturbman said:

@Yavianice is reporting that Tomix first Skyliner had possibly a slight color error, a white not crisp enough.

I like the 100th anniversary logo though... i'm just a sucker for these 'limited' stuff hahaha ~

What's the difference with the newer GSE 70000 though? 

Tomix is going to produce the second generation of the GSE. There is a slight color variation between the first and second generation; Odakyu added a small band of color to the domes of the second generation. The video posted by SeaSkimmer on the discord shows it quite clearly.

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We collect model trains and (some times) build scenerized layouts to run them on or showcased them. Need left the station a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4