Tomix - New Releases

5 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Ouch 47,000 yen retail for 16 car n700s.

My guess is it will end up in the bargain bin soon just like the J0 consist before it.

I'll wait and see what KATO does, however. Somehow the Logo of the N700S doesn't seem that great on the TOMIX version.

Edited by Yavianice
5 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Ouch 47,000 yen retail for 16 car n700s.

I agree.  But then I see what the $/Euro equivalent of 47k Yen will buy for Euro  trains and I realize we get a deal with Japanese trains...

(manufacturers, not speaking of things like KATO made trains of European prototypes but things like Fleischmann, Minitrix/Trix, Arnold/Hornby,  even Lemke/Hobbytrain)

Edited by chadbag
Arnold has a "d" at the end

i just bought all my shinkansens in the old days when it was around $200-250 for a full consist... I guess im just an old guy now... now get off my lawn!

jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

(there is something really wrong i cant seem to paste youtube video links and they get automatically embedded like before....)

I have no issues. Links get automatically embedded like before. Post in the Agora.

yep! another Shinkansen 800! what to do? it's the nr.11 or 12... I need to extend my storage, at the end all the real JR Kyushu fleet will be reproduced....😂

• Haha 1
Martijn Meerts

Going by the picture, the 115-300 is actually a JR version rather than a JNR version. That JNR 485-1000 sure is interesting though 😄

Das Steinkopf

Hooray the KoKi 105's are finally coming out again after being unavaialable for at least 6 years, I can finally stop bitching about their availabilty and will be able to complete my collection of 100 Series KoKi's.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
42 minutes ago, Martijn Meerts said:

Going by the picture, the 115-300 is actually a JR version rather than a JNR version.

Description states 1986 formations tho ???

EDIT:

JRマーク・車番・所属表記は選択式で転写シート付属
JR mark, car number, affiliation notation are selectable and come with a transfer sheet

Edited by roadstar_na6
2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Oigawa Railway `Kikansya Thomas Go`

The Thomas Go looks interesting...

And people complain about the price of MA and GM releases.

JPY 49,000 list for the special edition 9-car set, or JPY 23,500 list for Thomas and three coaches. I know it's on par with the other SLs Tomix produced, but still 😲

Edited by disturbman
  • Confused 1

Some new lightning kit was announced together with the overpass - 0743 kit and 0745 lights. It looks very similar to the lightning kit included in lit platforms that came out last year. Those platforms have the kit preassembled though. Seems that Tomix will prefer addon kits than having lit and unlit versions of the same building in the future. 

Martijn Meerts
2 hours ago, roadstar_na6 said:

Description states 1986 formations tho ???

EDIT:

Hmm.. Might just have to got one of those 3-car sets in that case 🙂

• Haha 1

Went all in and reserved the Thomas 9-car set. I've been wanting an Oigawa Thomas for a while, now I don't have to build one myself ^_^ It's a bit expensive, but I'm sure I'll love it and it'll go with all my other Thomas model railway gear. 

I was also ecstatic to see the Koki 105s available for pre-order from Hobby Search but...why don't I see it listed on any of the June release posters? Or did I just miss it? I checked the Tomytec website and didn't see it listed in the Tomix main page or new products page. hmmm

5 hours ago, disturbman said:

It's a re-release. They are listed here: https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/reproduction/

Thanks for the link! Didn't realize Tomytec/Tomix split new and reproduction items into separate pages. Kato seems to just have a single page showing their schedule of upcoming releases without regard to new/reproduction - a little more convenient.