Tomix - New Releases

Tomix has issued a recall for the Series 153 replacement power unit (item number 0649, https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10680548), released in March this year.

people abroad who purchased it are encouraged to contact their dealers on what to do next. The power unit that was already installed in the train are not affected by this recall.

(staff note, make sure to include www with hs links as without it many browsers will give a security alerty)

6 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

New announcements from TOMIX, including the West Ginga Express

Think I’ll be buying the 800 Shinkansen... 🤤

Guy

And there I was after seeing the Kato new releases thinking that Tomix was going to take my money but alas they have failed to deliver as well, the EF210 Container Train set 98394 is just a replacement for 92491, I would have like to have gotten the EF210-100 with the FRS4A single armed pantograph in the new livery but I will not be purchasing the somewhat basic model that is in this set, I will just have to be content having the better detailed earlier variant of the EF210-100 with the PS22C diamond pantograph that is being released this month. I am also a bit ho hum about the new DE10-1000 model 2244 that will be apparently replacing the earlier 2223, 2232 and 2239 models, I already have 4 DE10-1000/1500's in my fleet and have no real desire to add another one, it would be nice if someone came out with a DD200 or HD300 given they are new classes of locomotives that are growing steadily in numbers with at least 34 HD300's and 9 DD200's in service. 

52 minutes ago, disturbman said:

Some unexpected releases. I never expected to see Tomix produce a KiHa 185.

Let's hope that they will also produce the Shikoku Tosa Toki no Yoake no Monogatari sometime. Though perhaps Micro Ace will beat them to it.

4 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

That Ginga!!!! 

Quite a straight forward one for me! 

Before you pre-order I would wait until KATO maybe announces it 😊

Just now, GCS said:

Is this normal for limited editions?

This has to do with licensing agreements. Hobbysearch is not allowed to sell the Disney Shinkansens.

ModelTrainPlus or RG-Rokko may be able to sell it to you. For now.

5 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

This has to do with licensing agreements. Hobbysearch is not allowed to sell the Disney Shinkansens.

ModelTrainPlus or RG-Rokko may be able to sell it to you. For now.

Ohhh...interesting.

Rokko it is as normal! Such great service from them!

Guy

17 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

That‘s odd 😄 I wonder if retailers are asked by Tomix to pay more in order to be allowed to sell Disney stuff?

6 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

That‘s odd 😄 I wonder if retailers are asked by Tomix to pay more in order to be allowed to sell Disney stuff?

That's not the issue. The issue is that Tomix needs to pay more for the license to Disney to sell items with Disney properties outside Japan. Tomix does not want to because there are not enough gains/the market outside Japan is too small. So the selling of the Disney trains are with the caveat that it cannot be sold abroad. This is usually applied to all resellers, including MTP/RG-R, but sometimes they manage to get special permission or work around it (best is to not ask about it the specifics). That being said, sometimes Tomix does have a special agreement with importers such as the source of DM-Toys, which probably explains why those are more expensive than purchasing from Japan directly.

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This has been the case many time with these kind of licenses and usually resolved by many sellers. Its that they can’t be exported, but they get around it as the train is bought from a Japanese retailer and just shipped overseas. The difference usually being they are not supplying retailers outside of japan. With past ones it seemed to be just some paperwork to get take care of. Narrichi has done work getting around these restrictions by talking to Tomix, HS seems to not want to bother at times. With the past disney stuff they were available for sale closer to release after being pulled after the announcement.

jeff

• Like 1

I'm glad i am safe on that poster again ~  😛

Well, the usual online retailers have their various discounts, so i guess they are going to be cheaper than the listed prices... But i do see quite a bump up on the prices....

Yes, that KiHa 66 set is slightly more expensive than most 4-car sets by Micro Ace. It seems that the balance is readjusting itself.

KoKi 25000s are a bit out of date for me but the fact that the one with tailights comes with transfers to renumber duplicate cars suckered me in. Plus something-something you can never have too many KoKis. Interesting that now they seem to be selling them in pairs with the 25000 and 35000 new release.

Das Steinkopf
10 hours ago, nah00 said:

KoKi 25000s are a bit out of date for me but the fact that the one with tailights comes with transfers to renumber duplicate cars suckered me in. Plus something-something you can never have too many KoKis. Interesting that now they seem to be selling them in pairs with the 25000 and 35000 new release.

They are also out of era for me and I didn't take the bait, I will add though that it is good that Tomix is now offering these wagons as a 2 car set which will help people build their fleet up with ease, especially with the usual addition of alternate car numbers that comes with the taillight fitted version, I am also happy that they have included the upgraded handrails that first appeared with 8714 and then 98979. 

2 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

They are also out of era for me and I didn't take the bait, I will add though that it is good that Tomix is now offering these wagons as a 2 car set which will help people build their fleet up with ease, especially with the usual addition of alternate car numbers that comes with the taillight fitted version, I am also happy that they have included the upgraded handrails that first appeared with 8714 and then 98979. 

If it wasn't for the fact that I have 5 of the older ones (from when I didn't know what the difference between a KoKi 25000 and 107 was, such an innocent time) I wouldn't have bit on this one. I figure worst case I can model a train carrying them to the scrapper or just run them with some of my earlier stock and containers. Plus I can't lie, I like the green color, it seems to fade a lot slower than other colors on the real cars. 

Edited by nah00
1 hour ago, Fenway Park said:

The Tomix one has lights on the  Remufu that the old Kato version lacks.

Kinda fishy that Kato never put out a new one with lights...I'll see my self out now. 

• Haha 1
roadstar_na6

Huh, the end car of 10-271 has tail lights. I’m not sure if I’ll pre-order it or wait for itto be released 😄 probably the latter