Tomix - New Releases

Das Steinkopf
On 6/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, JR 500系 said:

And Tomix just dropped the bomb on the Kintetsu 80000 series Hinotori!

Along with some other new releases like the Kiha-58, series 485, E231-500 etc... 

I am so hyped for the Hinotori!! 

As I said elsewhere, you are always a sucker for a nice shiny new train.

• Haha 1

Ouch!! HO 489/485 “Raicho” Super Thunderbird 9 car set.
Would it be rude to start crowd funding to get me one of these? How many kidneys do you actually need anyway?

• Like 1
maihama eki

Did anyone else get this email from Hobby Search?

I am horribly embarrassed to say that I would have never noticed this.  I will try to do better next time.  

----

Thank you very much for shopping at HOBBY SEARCH.

We are contacting you regarding your ordered item below.

Product Name:

J.R. Container Wagon Type KOKI104 (New Color, w/Yamato Transport Container)

Manufacturer:

Tomix

Regarding the above item, we have been informed by our suppliers that there was a problem with the product.

To be specific, there was printing mistake and "Koki 500000" is printed on the side of the cargo although this should be "Koki 50000".

We are afraid Tomix has yet to announce how they will handle this situation, but we are expecting them to be replacing these with corrected items.

As such, we will pause your order while we await confirmation from the manufacturer as to how they will be correcting this.

If you would like us to just ship the product as they are, please let us know in reply to this mail and we can arrange for your order to be shipped out.

Otherwise, please wait a while longer for the manufacturer to decide their course of action and notify us.

We greatly appreciate your understanding and patience, thank you very much.

Sincerely Yours,

Hobby Search Customer Support.

31 minutes ago, maihama eki said:

Did anyone else get this email from Hobby Search?

I got it as well this morning.  I am just going to wait and see what happens as all my other August pre-orders got moved to later months. 

Edited by D4789

This is not unusual actually. KATO and Tomix regularly mess up, but most times you don’t notice it. Just last year the KATO SL Yamaguchi had a similar mistake. It’s funny to me that they even do such a thing (apologize and then send a replacement body or sticker). In Europe this would be called “a feature” or just plain ignored.

• Like 1

I have been directly affected by a couple of the Kato QC issues. The SL Yamaguchi had a printing error on one coach whereby the number was incorrectly positioned. Also the most recent release of the 787 had a QC issue on the pantographs. In both cases the retailers issued replacement parts as soon as available. Sounds like Tomix are already on it. I hope they’ve checked their HO versions again too.

Das Steinkopf

Thanks for mentioning the issue with 8737 and the incorrect printing, I received one yesterday from AmiAmi and had really noticed the problem until I read this and had a look myself, I have contacted AmiAmi and informed them of the issue and sent photos of it as well, I will wait and see what their response is. I have another two on order from Modeltrainplus but I haven't heard from Nariichi about the order so I am thinking he may be aware of this problem and is awaiting replacements, I am keen to get the extra ones as I will be renumbering the KoKi 104's as well as the containers.

Since TOMIX has all the molds, it's only logical they would reproduce the E235 ASAP.

What I find curious is the 97933; why wouldn't they make the revised 2020 livery instead of updating the old one?

Anyway, nothing for me this time. My wallet is happy 🙂

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 1

E235 Yokosuka Line full train Y47800 at full retail price.  Ouch.  It is 15 cars, but that's really up there.

The Hobby Search preorder price for all 3 sets is Y40630.

Edited by maihama eki

@Das Steinkopf @maihama eki

Today, Tomix has announced that it will recall the 8737 KoKi in Japan. People are getting a new item with the correction.

Customers should submit it to Tomix before the end September, including the case, instructions etc. Customers will then receive the corrected product in October. 

Not sure what will happen with people that don't live in Japan however.

2 hours ago, Yavianice said:

@Das Steinkopf @maihama eki

Today, Tomix has announced that it will recall the 8737 KoKi in Japan. People are getting a new item with the correction.

Customers should submit it to Tomix before the end September, including the case, instructions etc. Customers will then receive the corrected product in October. 

Not sure what will happen with people that don't live in Japan however.

Thanks.  I told Hobby Search to ship mine to me as is.  They were part of a larger consolidated order of several items, and I didn't want them to have to hold everything until Tomix decided what they were going to do. I certainly would have never noticed the error myself. I bought 2 of the 8737 (4 Kokis in total).  That lettering is right at the limit of what I can read without a magnifier.

10 hours ago, maihama eki said:

E235 Yokosuka Line full train Y47800 at full retail price.  Ouch.  It is 15 cars, but that's really up there.

The Hobby Search preorder price for all 3 sets is Y40630.

Yeah it really is UP there.... not sure if i will be grabbing the Tomix one now... Hopeful for a Kato one as having to change the Tomix couplers kinda puts me off a little... 

3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Yeah it really is UP there.... not sure if i will be grabbing the Tomix one now... Hopeful for a Kato one as having to change the Tomix couplers kinda puts me off a little... 

I agree.  I will wait for the Kato at this point.  I also agree about the Rapido couplers on the Tomix - why do they do this?

Oooo an SD55. Also an interesting EF81 but dunno if it's interesting enough to pull the trigger. The Keiyo and Yokohama E233s are nice and I do have the respective 205 series for each line but I'll have think about it since January is looking too full for me. 

Edited by nah00

The EF81 is of local interest to me as its based close by in Moji depot. I too am interested in the SD55 for a nice oil terminal shunter but if Tomix do the usual thing of putting bright shiny wheels on it, I may be put off.

On 8/12/2020 at 8:33 PM, JR 500系 said:

I just suddenly had a query on the new Panda scheduled for release by Tomix... Is this one same as the one in the video below?

I could see that the one in the video has additional panda on the front and rear ends and also the lines are different in colour... Is Tomix making this model? Or is it another one? I could only read that the Tomix is releasing the HC601 model (shown below), but that's about how far my knowledge of Japanese language goes... 

Edited by JR 500系

@JR 500系

12 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

I just suddenly had a query on the new Panda scheduled for release by Tomix... Is this one same as the one in the video below?

On 8/12/2020 at 2:46 PM, Yavianice said:

What I find curious is the 97933; why wouldn't they make the revised 2020 livery instead of updating the old one?

ggggrrrr why do they have to do that....   😞

Look out for a hefty price tag though... might be higher than the Mickey version.... 

• Like 1