Tomix - New Releases

Liking the look of those 73 Series sets, think I'll have to wait and see what the exchange rate does rather than commit to a pre-order though. Would the full eight car formation be accurate for the Yamanote line?

Das Steinkopf

I've been thinking about getting an EF210-300 for a while now and with this new release the decision has been well and truly made, I also jumped in and preordered one of the early model EF210-100's in the new livery, it was also nice to see some new JRF containers being introduced with the 20G's, I'm still waiting for KoKi 105's to appear on the release list, oh well maybe one day this will happen.

3 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Liking the look of those 73 Series sets, think I'll have to wait and see what the exchange rate does rather than commit to a pre-order though. Would the full eight car formation be accurate for the Yamanote line?

IIRC (and I haven't found any sources at a quick glance) the Yamanote Line 72/73 sets were 7 cars,  though there were also sets with 8 17m cars.

Looks like revised/updated tooling compared to their original releases, with the new motor, sorely tempted I am.

I have an ever growing collection of HO container flats and those older style Yamato containers are more commonly seen in my part of Japan than the previous released newer design.

You can never have too many Kokis, right?

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Kamome said:

You can never have too many Kokis, right?

Truer words have never been spoken. Only thing that interests me is the containers a possibly another EF210. How common a sight are the banking ones outside of their normal areas? Do they just hang out at helper depots or make their way around the system?

Das Steinkopf
12 hours ago, nah00 said:

How common a sight are the banking ones outside of their normal areas? Do they just hang out at helper depots or make their way around the system?

They are stretching their legs a lot more these days and are making their way up the Tokaido Honsen, by the looks of it they have now become the standard production model as the last of the EF210-100 variants were produced in 2010, there is now 18 EF210-300's in service which is more than double the number of EF67-0 and EF67-100's that they were designed to replace, I would not be surprised if more are going to be built to eventually replace the EF64-1000's which are slowly being retired.

I kind of thought that would be the case. That and the fact that it doesn't have traction tires so I can double-head sold me on the -300. Plus just ordering containers is silly and the HS price on the -300 is absurdly low. 

Tomix announced a bunch of trains for July until November. Seems COVID-19 is also forcing Tomix to limit the amount of new releases. 

• Like 1

I did want some older freight cars but not too old so that (and the fact that they're marked for Tohoku) sold me on that set, also don't have an early ED75 so might as well grab that too. 

• Like 1

I’m quite interested in these HO Taki 1900 kits. Looks like a new product number as the old one has been discontinued for quite some time. Not sure whether there will be any differences/updates.

I am assuming they are 2 car kits rather than 2 options for 1 car on these cement tankers. I’m trying to put together a mixed JNR freight train to give some of my JNR locos some shunting/hauling options.

marknewton

Yes, there's two cars in the box. I have a lot of these cars, some were bought assembled, others I built myself. They're a very nice kit that's fairly straightforward to build. The only options, at least on the original issue, was a choice of spoked or discs wheels, and laminated or helical springs on the trucks/bogies.

If the postal situation improves, I'll probably order a few more myself. I really like cement hoppers, the way other people like KoKis. 😍

Cheers,

Mark.

• Haha 1

Cheers for the info Mark. I will definitely grab some then as the price for 2 Takis seems very reasonable.

This video popped up while looking for some visual references for EF71 and ED78s. It might be to blame for the sudden interest in cement wagons, although it’s JR days rather than JNR.

• Like 1

Lovely... I am glad those buses look so nice and that Sotetsu 12000 series just look so mean and cool!!! 

18 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

I am glad those buses look so nice

don’t all busses look nice to you Sammy? 😜

Just realized I'm surprised there are not a bunch of japanese garage manufacturers making etched metal Side mirrors for tomytec vehicles.

jeff

• Haha 1

And Tomix just dropped the bomb on the Kintetsu 80000 series Hinotori!

Along with some other new releases like the Kiha-58, series 485, E231-500 etc... 

I am so hyped for the Hinotori!! 

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 1
DanielMackay
18 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

And Tomix just dropped the bomb on the Kintetsu 80000 series Hinotori!

Along with some other new releases like the Kiha-58, series 485, E231-500 etc... 

I am so hyped for the Hinotori!! 

Pre-orders for the Hintouri went live 6/11 at Hobbysearch. Ordered! https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10700628

Edited by DanielMackay

Thanks for the info.  I just pre-ordered the Hinotori as well.  Hopefully by then the shipping situation will improve.