Tomix - New Releases

1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Hugh thats weird as last night the red version was only amiami. I had seen the same thing with the yellow one, first being amazon jp (and shippable) and later amiami and not. I guess amazon filled their preorder on the yellow and then went to amiami. Sounds reasonable that amazon started with amiami until they got clearance for global sales today.

It has been available at Amazon for a while now (the red one) as I did a "test" run on it when I first noticed it there.  What probably happened is that they may have gotten another promised allotment assigned to them or they had some cancellations (despite claiming you cannot cancel) which freed up some stock.  The red I have not seen under Ami Ami on Amazon ever, but it is certainly reasonable that they could have listed it on some of the queries for whatever reason.  Sometimes their algorithm shows the least expensive (shipped -- inside Japan) and if Ami Ami was showing a lower price for a while, they may have gotten the nod for the prime (no pun intended) space as the default seller on Amazon.  

1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

yes it took Nariichi asking on some of those to get it cleared up with previous trains. He is good as he goes to the retailer meetings and asks questions like this and gets answers! Surprised that amiami and Hs have not checked this out in this train as the Disney aspect will probably make it sell well internationally and it’s an expensive train so good profits to be had even if only a few trains sold.

ive got s preorder in for the yellow with mtp.

You need to make sure you post it to the "post delivered" thread.  I am interested in seeing it!

I am a sucker for all special livery trains (Japanese and European).

Actually only looked for the red train last night. First look it was amazon and export available then a hour later it was to amiami, now back to amazon. All the time the only seller was either amazon or amiami. Same has been for the yellow train, but never anyone else than amiami and amazon.

they must have gotten more allotment as now the yellow is back to amazon only and for export! 

I do see things change a lot on amazon.jp. Amazon seems to be selling more things directly now. At times the dhl at Amazon is like Sal prices and others almost 2x EMS. Usually pre orders are 4000-5000 yen for a set. Regular sale they can be like 1400 yen at times with amazon and that can sometimes make it a very attractive price,

jeff

• Like 1

I just pre-ordered the Red Mickey on Amazon... it looks really nice on red and had Minnie in there as well! 

Got my Hello Kitty buses from MTP..  i missed the 2 coach buses and aint gonna miss these local ones!

• Like 3

I ordered the yellow Mickey from Amazon as well. I chose yellow because I wanted some contrast with Mickey's shorts. Is it Halloween yet?

Das Steinkopf
10 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Tomix went mad with their pre-orders... 

Private Owner Container Type U47A-38000 (Zenkoku Tsuun) 

I don't know what it is with Tomix and container numbering, sometimes they get it right and sometimes they get it oh so wrong, Hogaraka Dou has been producing a 3 pack (C-4402) of the same containers since 2009, two of the containers in that pack have the same numbers as the two new containers that Tomix are offering, you would think that they would have realised that, given I have already ordered the Hogaraka Dou containers I won't be ordering the Tomix ones.

I don't know they consistently do that, the same thing happened with a Loginet Japan container. I don't have the other ones though so I ordered these ones instead. 

How are you supposed to get people addicted to buying KoKis or TaKis if you don't have at least one freight starter set in this line? I know they have the DF200 set but that only comes with one. 

• Like 1

Looks like my small fleet of Hokkaido DMUs will get two more with the Hana/Umi KiHa-40s. Still debating about the Nagano 115 series. 

Edited by nah00
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Das Steinkopf

No KoKi's or TaKi's makes it a rather unappealing month for me, that said I already have a batch of Hogaraka Dou containers on order so it's probably nice to have less on offer to burn a hole in the pocket, that said what's to say Tomytec don't pull some Building Collection models out of thin air.

Edited by Das Steinkopf

Looks like the Yufuin no Mori Kiha 71 is back on Preorder for May. Still need to add one to my Kyushu trains. The 4 car Tomix set is nice and much more reasonably priced compared to the Mircroace Kiha 72 5 car set.

10 hours ago, Kamome said:

Looks like the Yufuin no Mori Kiha 71 is back on Preorder for May. Still need to add one to my Kyushu trains. The 4 car Tomix set is nice and much more reasonably priced compared to the Mircroace Kiha 72 5 car set.

Indeed! The Tomix is also HG and has a lot better details compared with the MA model... It certainly is a really nice model to get! 

Funny the Tomix hello kitty 500 set popped up on micromark of all places this morning for a preorder of a spring rerun (although not seen a rerun happening of it yet). They usually just have a small smattering of American N scale as they do more HO and mostly about modeling tools. Must be from Walthers bringing something over, but the prices is too reasonable for Walthers, they’ve almost doubled the price on most Tomytec they’ve brought over.

https://www.micromark.com/TomyTec-Hello-Kitty-Shinkansen-8-Car-Train-Set-N-Scale?utm_campaign=19WS108&contact_eid=415d7213-0dc2-4251-96fc-44055a42c33c&utm_medium=Email&_bta_tid=03258549905476384071502590482162588013786360954530625718736614290798533818759476683539977474770275893343&utm_source=Marketing

jeff

• Confused 1

Older Yamato Transport containers! A late Christmas present! Just wish they came with transfers for the KoKi and containers so getting multiples didn't get you the same numbers. 

Edited by nah00
  • Like 1