Tomix - New Releases

And this totally went under the radar...

FB_IMG_1558190401477.thumb.jpg.2151839f9c5594cac543490e306a5575.jpg

FB_IMG_1558190426820.thumb.jpg.725a7b3d7e4135e9774927eadefcde94.jpg

The 209系 MUE traim by Tomix! This seems to be a Omiya Tomix World exclusive and is now fetching huge prices on Yahoo Auctions... much lovely than the MA one i feel!

• Like 4
1 minute ago, JR 500系 said:

And this totally went under the radar...

The 209系 MUE traim by Tomix! This seems to be a Omiya Tomix World exclusive and is now fetching huge prices on Yahoo Auctions... much lovely than the MA one i feel!

Wow, cool find!

Is it just me, or why do I NOT see the Tomix 97914  800 series Waku Waku Trip Livery not up for pre-orders on any of the usual online retailers (HS/ Ami)? It is available on MTP though last I checked... Is there some license retailing issue again? 

15 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Is it just me, or why do I NOT see the Tomix 97914  800 series Waku Waku Trip Livery not up for pre-orders on any of the usual online retailers (HS/ Ami)? It is available on MTP though last I checked... Is there some license retailing issue again? 

Yes, same licensing issue applies. Disney licenses are expensive. So best would be if you order from or ask MTP.

2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

It was up on Amazon JP last time I checked. 

JR Kyushu are also decorating a Sonic 883系 with Waku Waku trip with Mickey decals but I doubt whether this will be in model form.

1 minute ago, Kamome said:

JR Kyushu are also decorating a Sonic 883系 with Waku Waku trip with Mickey decals but I doubt whether this will be in model form.

I doubt it since KATO makes that model. But KATO has been very keen on making very limited edition items lately, so who knows. Probably the Disney license is too expensive for them, however.

Das Steinkopf

Still no KoKi 105's, oh well looks like I will just have to get another KoKi 106 as well as the Nippon Express U47-38000's to go with the white versions that I already have.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Love how people had the chance to vote something that nobody ever released before, but the majority went for models that are already available from other manufacturers... :^)

Edited by Suica

Oh man, more seaside liner stuff.  Tomix sure knows how to get me to part with my money.   Model train plus shared photos of the event with detailed close ups of some of the models.

• Like 3

The news about the 0 1000系 shinkansen is very welcome. The current tooling dates from the mid-1990s or earlier. It's not bad, but Speedsphere's comparison photos make it clear that it's a bit less detailed/proportionally correct than it could be. The headlights in particular are too big.

I also hope that this release inspires Kato to update their own 0 series--probably not going to happen though.

Martijn Meerts

There's a lot more manual labour than I expected. Makes me wish I actually ordered one, but it doesn't really fit in my current era of interest 😄

serotta1972

Super impressed! Darn it, after watching the video now I want one knowing the amount of craftsmanship put into making the model. I hope they’re sold out. 😀

Edited by serotta1972

I plan on perambulating around Akihabara later and will let you know if I see any :D

I'm pretty sure there were some knocking about last week.

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, railsquid said:

I plan on perambulating around Akihabara later and will let you know if I see any 😄

I'm pretty sure there were some knocking about last week.

Tomix Shiki-Shima's? I saw them everywhere in Japan a few weeks ago. Almost every store had one (not counting the second hand shops), though I've only seen the 10 part set once (in the Yokohama IMON).

But the stores also placed the KATO and TOMIX versions side by side. So I got a good look at them. And somehow the KATO version seemed more realistic (by just a hair) than the TOMIX version, which seemed a bit more toy-ish. And it's of course cheaper too.

• Thanks 1

That is an amazing video, I thought that everything just got pushed out of a machine but there appears to be so much manual effort and checking.

Now, if Tomix would only get on the DCC-ready bandwagon, and make it easy, I might consider them more often.

That video was pretty impressive.

2 hours ago, chadbag said:

Now, if Tomix would only get on the DCC-ready bandwagon, and make it easy, I might consider them more often

Pretty sure they won’t bother especially now they have TNOS.