Tomix - New Releases

17 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

I just wished Tomytec would do the car collection again... having to pay like 1600 yen for just 4 cars is really heavy on the wallet... 

Tomytec has raised the prices on everything. The first tram body in April 2011 was a Kyoto 2000 at 1400 Yen.  The new Nagasaki 300 uses the same drive, so is the same size and priced at 2700 Yen. They've figured out they can make money on us.  

On 3/16/2019 at 2:10 AM, JR 500系 said:

Yes but probably we would need multiple feeder cables if we want to light up many trains simultaneously? I am now thinking to make my own 'controller', using an external 12V power source, connecting several power lines to the source from each track, and adding a polarity changer so I can switch between head and tail lights ~  

This would serious make a great display for my office desk!  🙂

See my thread about building a battery powered controller, the same technique could work well with these. Cheap little PWM module from eBay, DPDT switch, project box, connectors, and an old 12v DC transformer will do the trick for far less than a ready built controller. Alternatively 5v DC from a USB charger might just be enough to make the lights come on, and would be even simpler.

On 3/18/2019 at 9:01 AM, bill937ca said:

Tomytec has raised the prices on everything. The first tram body in April 2011 was a Kyoto 2000 at 1400 Yen.  The new Nagasaki 300 uses the same drive, so is the same size and priced at 2700 Yen. They've figured out they can make money on us.  

Hello,

I would expect such a price rise in 8 years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was asked to keep quiet about this for a long time, but now I am finally allowed to share this information. Tomix will do a special run of the 700 Series Shinkansen Hikari Rail Star with JNS Forum logo! Here is a teaser image I received.

Tomix-Hikari-Rail-Star-JNS.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
30 minutes ago, Densha said:

I was asked to keep quiet about this for a long time, but now I am finally allowed to share this information. Tomix will do a special run of the 700 Series Shinkansen Hikari Rail Star with JNS Forum logo! Here is a teaser image I received.

And of course it will be free for every member of JNS with more than 1000 posts.

• Haha 2
serotta1972

It’s a Tomix, no thanks I will pass. 😁

Edited by serotta1972
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Damn densha you were sporta keep that quiet for a while longer. Tomix May jot be happy, pm me! I guess it’s ok to say it now. The world tour apprarently got some Internet attention for the forum. I guess I can spill the rest.

It will only be the lead car with lighting so you can just use it for display. Looks like price around 2800¥. Buy two and preplce on your existing rail star set. It’s been delayed a while so why we have had to keep quiet on it, but release should be in the next month. They did it like the Tomytec special run for events so small number and jsut a pop surprise release. They will let us know how to do a preorder, we are trying to see if Narrichi can be the exclusive source to make it easy and a bit more forum focused since there is no local event like these usually have.

jeff

• Haha 2
27 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Wrong colours

I don't know, it matches the forum colors I use 😂

(I use the old stand-in blue)

• Haha 1

Yes we are having issues gettingnthe hello kitty license, it looks like it’s $45 per member for a year so folks will need to pony (err kitty) up for that skin. Mrs squid would enjoy the thought of skinning hello kitty I bet.

jeff

Das Steinkopf

My preorder on the Seino KoKi 107’s has been pushed back to May, yes I know I did say before more KoKi 107’s do I really need them, well apparently I do.

Twilight Express Mizukaze coming in September

Also a great vid showing how the shiki shimas are produced

• Like 2

Are you sure that's what it says? Since the Hobbysearch website does not mention sound at all.

Edited by Yavianice

Probably the HO version "IF" is comes with sound.  But I have seen zero release info about a HO version, other than it being a brass model.

Edited by katoftw

Yes the Endo 10 car E001 Shikishima is ¥864,000 including tax so probably looking at something similar.

I know these are brass models but from what I’ve seen of them (Kiha 71 Yufuin no Mori, 883 Sonic) the detail they include doesn’t really justify the enormous jump in price. As they make a lot of models in HO that no one else does, I guess you have to fork out if you want that train.

Edited by Kamome

@katoftw and @foxhsu and everyone else,

the Twilight Express sets mentioned on this website https://twilightexpress-mizukaze.jp/news/index.html are special limited exclusive editions of the models that are only available for purchase on the Twilight Express Mizukaze Train

They will offer the special version of each Tomix and Kato. It's release will be at this 2019 autumn. About in-train sale limited version, Tomix sells the full 10 cars set equipped with original sound unit and power pack. Kato's one is a driving car and small diorama (Sanyo or San-in selectable). Kato's one is only for display, not for running.

About the ordinary version, Tomix will release full 10 car set (limited number), basic 5 car set, and add-on 5 car set. Kato will release 10 cars set only. They will be on-sale at the autumn or winter 2019.

Prices for both the in train exclusive edition and the regular edition (in case of KATO) not yet known.

So unless you have real big bucks to spend and are lucky to get a reservation for the Twilight Express Mizukaze (ticket prices between 2500-7000 USD), the Tomix version with the sound unit will remain a mystery. However, maybe Tomix will make sound available on future trains? Who knows?

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 1