Tomix - New Releases

I would assume all correct statements Chad.

It is interesting though.  It is not for sale outside Japan.  So yes your last sentence makes sense of this fact.

I wonder, will this open the floodgates for more Pokémon trains? Such as the 800, E2, E3 or E4 Shinkansens?

Edited by Yavianice
1 hour ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Still no KoKi105's, it would also be nice if the did some more KoKi 104's with alternate car numbers.

I second this. Also older style Yamato Transport containers now that they have the license. 

• Like 2
Das Steinkopf
24 minutes ago, nah00 said:

Also older style Yamato Transport containers now that they have the license. 

I second that as well.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, chadbag said:

Probably has to do with Pokemon Licensing.   Maybe Nintendo (Pokemon Company) are more strict than Sanrio.  Was't the Kitty Shinkansen JP only?  But it seemed as long as it was sold to a Japanese reseller and that Japanese reseller sold it "in Japan", meaning took the order and fulfilled it in Japan, they were ok with it.  

10 hours ago, katoftw said:

Thanks.  I wonder how long until they change their tune.  The last few JP only trains have ended up being allowed overseas.

11 hours ago, Suica said:

Marked in red in the bottom right corner of the poster: "本製品は海外販売不可です"

Google says: "This product is not for sale overseas"

Modeltrainplus asked, and it's the same as with the Hello Kitty shinkansen. He can sell his stock to foreigners.

• Like 2

Same with Ami, the pre-ordering is fine with the Kumamon, but strangely, I cant find the Pokémon Kiha 100...  This also reinforces the decision to quickly pre-order them before they close?  😛

Tomix seems to be getting quite a lot of mileage out of their kiha tooling.  Glad to see more variants, even if I probably wont pick up these paint schemes.

Das Steinkopf

Pretty lacklustre release for fans of freight, yes it's kind of nice that we get more containers with the JOT UR19A-15000's with red stripe but it would have been nice to get an even greater variety such as the blue or green striped versions as Kato did a release of the red and pink striped UR19A's in 5 packs not that long ago. I only have 17 JOT UR19A's at the moment, 1 with green stripe, 3 with light blue stripe, 5 with red stripe and 8 with pink stripe, so yeah I am really in dire need of more JOT UR19A's aren't I. 

With the forklifts I don't know why Tomix keeps on rolling out the same old tired models, I have to laugh when people complain about Kato's FD115 forklifts which I think are a fairly decent model, especially when you spend a little bit of time painting it and weathering it, the Tomix model is absolutely hideous and would take far more work to make a decent model of.

The first car museum models are very interesting... It will make a pretty neat office display! add in some interior lights and it looks even nicer! 

Now the difficult thing is the choices to make... 

Das Steinkopf
14 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

The first car museum models are very interesting... It will make a pretty neat office display! add in some interior lights and it looks even nicer! 

Now the difficult thing is the choices to make... 

Sammy, who do you think you're kidding, we all know you are going to buy the whole set of them.

• Haha 1

Does it have a battery or something included to light the lights on the first car museum items? Or do you need a powerpack for it? Also they are kind of expensive...

I think what’s needed in the freight world isn’t more 12ft containers but some 20ft tank containers for less than 2700 yen. 

First car looks to be the real deal first car. Nicer than the old Bandai startrains, but those were 200¥ toys. Still the star trains are not bad at all for fun displays and desk toys. Too bad they didn’t keep doing them. Candy in then was a fun dare on a new member to try! 

Jeff

8 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Tomix seems to be getting quite a lot of mileage out of their kiha tooling.

Seems so yes. They have been releasing them quite intensively of late. I was not expecting so many kiha 40s for this month.

The kiha 40-350 are going for a lump some of money on Yahoo Auctions.

23 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Sammy, who do you think you're kidding, we all know you are going to buy the whole set of them.

Seriously... I am VERY tempted haha ~ But probably not the WHOLE set, that would cost close to 23k!  Maybe 3 perhaps? I need the N700, want the 300 and even the E5 and E6... choices choices choices… 

23 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Does it have a battery or something included to light the lights on the first car museum items? Or do you need a powerpack for it? Also they are kind of expensive...

According to HS translation:

[Light on]
※ The light is lit [separately sold] [power unit (controller)], [D. C. Feeder N (cord connecting power unit and rail)] is required.
※ The headlights will change to tail lights (red) by switching the direction (traveling direction) switch of the power unit.

It seems the same as regular N scale trains; it requires a power unit. Which brings me to the next question, how many tracks can a single power unit power? Could we also use an external power source of max 12v to power them up? 

6 hours ago, katoftw said:

You are only powering the led directional lighting. So only one power source would be needed.

Yes but probably we would need multiple feeder cables if we want to light up many trains simultaneously? I am now thinking to make my own 'controller', using an external 12V power source, connecting several power lines to the source from each track, and adding a polarity changer so I can switch between head and tail lights ~  

This would serious make a great display for my office desk!  🙂

On 3/14/2019 at 8:25 PM, Das Steinkopf said:

Tomix model is absolutely hideous and would take far more work to make a decent model of

I’m really surprised, with all the freight truck and container releases, that Tomytec haven’t considered producing some more realistic looking lifters. I’m surprised to hear that there are people out there who are complaining about the Kato offering. I think they’re  awesome, especially the TCM FD300 Toplifter. 

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 1
Das Steinkopf
3 hours ago, Kamome said:

I’m really surprised, with all the freight truck and container releases, that Tomytec haven’t considered producing some more realistic looking lifters. I’m surprised to hear that there are people out there who are complaining about the Kato offering. I think they’re  awesome, especially the TCM FD300 Toplifter. 

Agreed, Tomytec produces fantastic vehichles with a very diverse range of types so I can't understand why they haven't made a decent forklift, Kato's FD300 Toplifter is a fantastic model and as I have mentioned before once you give the add on details to it and the FD115's a lick of paint and give them some overall weathering they look great.

Tomytec did do one Really impressive top lifter and it was relatively cheap for the amount of details that went into the model... but it went out of production pretty fast ~

I just wished Tomytec would do the car collection again... having to pay like 1600 yen for just 4 cars is really heavy on the wallet... Especially one would need hundreds of cars to make a nice busy city scene... The Tomytec ones just cut it, those cheap China made ones just don't do it in the details department... 

Das Steinkopf
3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

I just wished Tomytec would do the car collection again... having to pay like 1600 yen for just 4 cars is really heavy on the wallet... Especially one would need hundreds of cars to make a nice busy city scene... The Tomytec ones just cut it, those cheap China made ones just don't do it in the details department... 

Just be thankful that you're not doing British OO or N scale where you would be lucky to get two Oxford Diecast cars for ¥1600, the same could be said with Wiking cars if you were doing German HO or N.

• Like 1

We were soooo spoiled a decade ago when just about every month or two a new car, bus, truckor building collection was coming out and the cars were a ridiculously priced at about $1.25 per car as it was 3 cars per box! I should have bought lots of extras but at the time they seemed like they were going to just keep on rolling out and you can never have too many to fill busy roads! I always get nervous at shows with a couple boxes each with like like 50-75 cars that they are many hundreds of dollars to replace and many older ones would be really hard and expensive to replace on yahoo.jp auctions...

jeff