SHO TOSHI - My stationary layout on 3x1m

SONIC883_de

SONIC883_de

Hi,

I would not reactivate my old thread because i haven't written not only over my layout.

After I exhaust my old SHO TOSHI (Coastline, ...) I was looking for a smaler layout wich I can build withe the most of my tracks. I found the TOMIX Track-Plan 10 which looks good.

Only the turntable must go and left space for long storage tracks. I wasn't sure with the station in the back.

So I build up the layout for the first testrun in September 2009

Now I bought the planks for the table, old kitchentables are the base for some time. Almost is done

Missing things:

- 2. Station to get up to 4 tracks (the bridge will be remove and the station become longer)

- Points for the storage tracks

- a own construction for the table

- Greening the layout

post-78-13569924473998_thumb.jpg

post-78-13569924475655_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Wow that's a fun, compact layout with an ingenious siding that can bring your train to another line without manually changing your loco's direction!

I wonder if there are more layout like that?

Thanks for showing us your progress, cannot wait to see more.  :grin

SONIC883_de

There are some more layouts in the Tomix track plan magazin where you can build more storage tracks as shown.

But I have one part I can't decide me which one is better

Station 1

* Simple Station with no passing track

* Only straight track, no points where trains can derail

* 1,00 m long

* I have all for it! (Including 2x 3color signals for the directions)

Station 2

* 2 additional storage tracks

* Up to 1,2 meters station lengh

* If a train derails it is difficult to get there

* I must buy a lot of things, I cant use the signals

What do you mean?

post-78-13569924477994_thumb.jpg

post-78-13569924478955_thumb.jpg

Martijn Meerts

I've been thinking of setting up that very layout up on the attic at some point. For me, one of the reasons was that the original uses a turntable, which I happen to have. I also like the layout in general.

As for the stations, more storage is of course nice, but if you can't easily get to a derailed train, I wouldn't go for that option. Not only are there derailed or stalling trains that could be a problem, but cleaning the track would be hard too.

Having sidings at the station allows for more interesting operations (park a "local" train and pass it with a "rapid" or an express), but I agree with Martijn that sidings that are hard to get to are a real problem and probably not worth it.

SONIC883_de

It would be difficult to reach the last two tracks. And when something drop in the points I can't see it and must take of the side walls of the station and must remove both plattforms.

That would be different when the layout not stand direct at the wall.

Thank you!

- Kai

Wow that's a fun, compact layout with an ingenious siding that can bring your train to another line without manually changing your loco's direction!

I wonder if there are more layout like that?

The original layout scan is one of several in a Tomix plan book, but most of the plans are smaller.