JRM's new sectional layout

cteno4

This is Jeff Reynolds, ladies and gentlemen, out of character, to assure you that The report of the destruction of the JRM layout has no further significance than as the holiday offering it was intended to be; The JRM's own forum version of dressing up in a godzilla costume and jumping out of a bush and saying "ARUUNGGGG!". Starting now, we couldn't send prank emails, phony voice mails, and spin stories with you in person by tonight, so we did the next best thing. We annihilated the JRM layout before your very eyes and utterly destroyed the new layout. You will be relieved, I hope, to learn that we didn't mean it, and that both institutions are still open for business. So goodbye everybody, and remember please for the next day or so the terrible lesson you learned today. That grinning, glowing, globular invader of your train room is just a Japanese model train enthusiast, and if your doorbell rings and nobody's there, that was no Godzilla, it's April Fools.

Our little War of the Worlds meets Godzilla April Fools joke!

cheers

jeff

I'm still waiting for my Godzilla costume.

Why do I have a feeling that the JRM club is laughing their heads off as they were reading these responses to your thread? Unlike Orson Wells, at least you didn't make us run through the streets waving our hands in the air screaming, "Run and hide, the Monster is attacking the City!!" :grin

at least you didn't make us run through the streets waving our hands in the air screaming, "Run and hide, the Monster is attacking the City!!" :grin

However, I *would* like to apologize to the Charlottesville Akita Dog Owners' Society for the remarks I made on Main Street late last night.

Sorry to all for the joke (well not totally sorry!), but i didnt see any april fools going on here so i thought i would perpetrate one! always loved war of the worlds (original ones only book, radio, movie) so i thought i would play orsen/burr and bring you the destruction of the jrm layout godzilla style but with a semi believable plot! it is totally true that if there was a chipmunk loose in the train room matthew's akitas would go through a wall to get it, it was pretty easy to visualize!

Part way through it almost backfired on me as i realized the other jrm members on the list might pick up on the thread during the day and then panic thinking it was true. while being a good joke on them as well, it might have gone too far at that point and melted down so i let them in on it so they wouldnt spoil it or go running down the street screaming!

must say it was fun playing the semi detached reporter.

good night from the mercury theatre. I hope you enjoyed our performance!

cheers

jeff

You had me totally convinced!  I've even shared with my wife and we've been commiserating by proxy!!

Nice one you cheeky bugger!  :)

Graham

It was worth it to get called a cheeky bugger again! love that term! [curtsy]

cheers

jeff

• cteno4 changed the title to JRM's new sectional layout