Beach module

NozomiFan

Sooo.. Been thinking.. Need new project I say, do new project I say.

Aside from the mumbletypeg ???

I wanted to make a module for this beach shot of a Dr.Yellow going by.

I will base it off this video that I saw.

• Like 1

NF - The scene you are depicting is excellent. It will allow you to work with different materials and experiment in a smaller area like a diorama, which you will learn from and possibly apply to a future layout. You'll get to would with simulating water, a highway, different terrains all in a railroad scene. (among other things) I like your choice.

Is it possible that you copied it over twice? If not see if CaptO (Don) knows what you did.

Have you decided to go ahead and make a diorama of this scene?

Hey Bernard, why do I have 2 strangely positioned you tube videos? What did I do?

Not your fault.  You Tube has been making changes that affect the posting codes.

Is it possible that you copied it over twice? If not see if CaptO (Don) knows what you did.

Have you decided to go ahead and make a diorama of this scene?

Well, I need to wait for a certain package to come around April 21-22.... :walk:

CaptOblivious

When posting YouTube videos, just post the link from the browser, not the full blown chunk of HTML that YouTube offers you. Our forum software will recognize the YouTube link and recreate the embedding code. Unfortunately, it's not smart enough to figure out when you've simply pasted the embedding code, and instead finds in that code two unique YouTube links, which is why the video appears twice. If you don't quite understand what I mean, edit your post to see how I changed what you pasted in.

NozomiFan, this is a great layout/diorama theme, I like it.

It seems easy to make, but I think you will have a lot to do with it. I hope we will read a lot from you how are you making the scenery.

Did some measurements on the track tonight (4/7) and discovered I need at least a 20 in board for the piece of track.

Going to Home Depot over the weekend for wood. Sorry for bad pics. Something is hidden...

post-245-13569924480879_thumb.jpg

post-245-13569924481167_thumb.jpg

post-245-13569924481451_thumb.jpg

post-245-13569924481741_thumb.jpg

post-245-13569924482091_thumb.jpg

Thanks CaptO! Any way... Does anybody have a clue as to where this could be?

It seems to run a shinkansen Dr.Yellow.

Along the shore of Lake Hamanako looking inland. Approximately the centre of this map. http://www.mapion.co.jp/m/34.6910169444444_137.581730555556_7/

A photo posted on Google Earth at the location shows the same white building across the lake as on the title shot of the video.

NozomiFan, can you say a bit more about what you are planning?

Is it a T-Trak module (or compatible with them), or just a free-form segment of a future layout, or a diorama?

Aside from track, water and beach, are you planning other scenic elements?

It looks like a nice scene to model, and I'm interested in seeing what you do.

Hey party people! So I did some major work today. Epic work. Roadbed, track complete. (Sorta...) Going to start work on scenery,

and roads.

NozomiFan, can you say a bit more about what you are planning?

Is it a T-Trak module (or compatible with them), or just a free-form segment of a future layout, or a diorama?

Aside from track, water and beach, are you planning other scenic elements?

It looks like a nice scene to model, and I'm interested in seeing what you do.

To answers KenS's Questions, and probably everyone else's questions, it is not a T-trak module but more of a stand alone model for displaying trains of all sorts.

I don't think anything else would be included besides the basics but I have something planned... :grin

Thanks for following!

I can only speak for myself but I'm dying of curiosity of what you did. Could you post some photos?

yup me too ..... wanna see the beach....... :)