I added 10 floors to my altas skyscraper...is it tall enough?

Scaper

I have been delaying on giving more height to my altas skyscraper for a year now. Don't get me wrong in that time I've built so many new buildings and upgraded a lot too...just not this one. :D

So, Last night I finally got to my atlas skyscraper building. I opened my last square add on kit.

I ripped apart the top from the model, glued in the Atlas add on kit, paint matched it, ripped off the old elevator shaft, added the custom length section and paint matched that part and reglued it.

I then put the roof back in place but didn't reglue the last piece of elevator shaft incase I have to extend the height again. I then took some photos. It's now 10 stories taller. I'm curious if it should be even taller?

The original building.

3201195057_1a7d12373b_b.jpg

3201195079_f89523a067.jpg

4463315353_9b812b6066.jpg

4464093972_0762bd8714.jpg

The new section added and paint matched...

4464096346_6152c36e0c.jpg

I have no idea what that sparkly thing is in this photo? Strange.

4464098390_9b9a922c7e.jpg

4464095576_0232b718cb.jpg

I'm wondering if I should add more to it or if this is good? Any thoughts? advice? hmmm I'll think on this. The problem is, I only have a full package left. No more add on kits. I was thinking of selling my left over box, or building it with kitbashing it with some of my many many bronze kits I have left over and selling it as a built structure. Hmmmm so many thoughts.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

My personal thoughts, what you've got is big enough. I assume it is now the largest building in your collection and in the photo where is displayed with the other buildings it fits right in, any bigger and it might dwarf the other structures.

Two questions: I have one of the Atlas Hi-rise kits, how were you able to cut the styrene that they use in that model? It's thick but it seems to be brittle when trying to cut it.

And, the "Flying Saucer" on top of the new building, where did you get that kit? It does remind me of the "Windows of the World" type of restaurants you see on top of large buildings.

Darren Jeffries

Nice collection of buildings you have there. I have a question, do you have all those building lit?

Shame you cant get the elevator to function, now that would be cool! I wonder if you could use one of the faller fairground kits motors to make it work?

Or even the ski lift kit could be modified.

http://www.modelrollercoasterhq.com/faller-products.html

Mudkip Orange

You gotta do a scale model of the Transco tower, man.

Put it on the far end of the layout, away from all the rest of the downtown buildings, just like the real thing.