I bought the Tomix track cleaning car. Instructions and parts needed

kmcsjr

Hi all, I bought the tomix track car. I'd love to get the alternate front bumper (If available). But what I reallly need is the instruction sheet in english. The translation in the box is pretty good, but I don't want to break it....

Thanks

Marty

CaptOblivious

I'm not sure there are any other official instructions besides those included in the box. Just ask here what you'd like to know, and we can help you figure it out.

What do you mean by front bumper, BTW?

The instructions show a separately purchased bumper identical to the one on the front of my Series 113-1500.

Instead of a coupler, its a little point. I would install it on the cleaning car then use a loco to push the car.

I'm actually looking for the opposite solution for my 113 series. Those instructions show a way to swap out the bumper for a truck with a coupler. I can't figure out which trucki is correct for the 113.

I will post questions after staring at the car for a while.

CaptOblivious

When you say pointy bumper, do you mean this?

03361-200x191.jpg

If so, that's a Scharfenberg coupler. You should start a new thread about your 113-series if you have questions about that. The photo above is of a Tomix TN Scharfenberg coupler. You can also get Tomix TN knuckle couplers. The two kinds do not work together (as you might guess). You can fit either to the car, but be aware that Tomix TN couplers only couple with like TN couplers! They don't couple with Kato or M-T couplers! So if you fit one, know that you can only pull or push the car with a Tomix locomotive similarly fitted! I don't know of anyone who has fitted their Tomix cleaning car with a TN coupler for just this reason.

If M-T couplers are your thing, you can glue on the generic body-mount variety. If you were a little adventurous, I bet it wouldn't be hard to retrofit an entire M-T truck with truck-mounted coupler, too.

Thats it. I thought it was a dummy ala the front of my Kato series 113. I just like the look, so I figured I would order it when I ordered replacement discs (If I had a part number). I figure I'll push it anyway. I have to look at it, but on the other coupler< I'm hoping an 11-702 is an easy swap (Should be, if it's a standard rapido)

CaptOblivious

Thats it. I thought it was a dummy ala the front of my Kato series 113. I just like the look, so I figured I would order it when I ordered replacement discs (If I had a part number). I figure I'll push it anyway. I have to look at it, but on the other coupler< I'm hoping an 11-702 is an easy swap (Should be, if it's a standard rapido)

Don't count on it. Tomix trucks aren't designed the same as Kato trucks, and you'll probably have to fight to get a Kato coupler into a Tomix truck!

The part number for the TN coupler pictured above, BTW, is 0334 or 0336 (both will fit; one has a "bumper" that the other one doesn't)