Any F-1 Fans?

Hobby Dreamer

Hobby Dreamer

Anybody here follow Formula One (F-1) racing?

This season is days away from its start and may have some new excitement due to the addition of teams, driver changes and the return of one of F-1's veterans. F-1 has been plagued by greed and corruption of late, and a myriad of rule changes to either improve racing (never does) or to prevent outcomes but 2010 looks promising. Some of the driver changes will allow for comparison of ability and there will be many intra-team battles.

Its the only sport I really follow since, within my lifetime, its become overly obvious that most sports are really just businesses. F-1 may be the biggest business but there is an attraction if you like cars and racing.

Greed has meant that many races are held in countries and on tracks that exist only to profit few hands. For many years Melbourne was the first race (a great tradition) but the powers that be decided that Bahrain in the desert was a better draw??

After several years of retirement Michael Schumacher, the driver with the most wins and almost every other race statistic, will return which will help ignite some excitement. Like him or hate him, it will be interesting to see his return and whether an "old-timer" still has what it takes....

Let's hope for a good season....

Darren Jeffries

I think that this could be possibly one of the best seasons of recent years (I said that about 2009....).

Several things stand out for me as precursers to an excellent season. One, Hamilton has never raced Schumy, that should prove extremely fun. Two, Schumy and Ross Brawn back together in a Championship winning car.

Three, quite possibly the British Dream Team, Lewis, Jenson and McClaren!!!!!!!

I cant wait. The only thing i could do without is the first 4 races being so damn early in the morning (UK Time!!!)

Martijn Meerts

I haven't really been a fan since Senna died, but I do like watching the races. I don't really cheer for any driver or team these days, but there are always a few drivers which I just seem to not like much ;)

As for Schumacher, he's actually a completely different guy when he gets in the car and on the track, he'll do just about anything to win. In some cases going a bit too far. However, off the track he's a great guy, I met him once at a car show in Germany, he was still driving for Benetton at the time =)

maybe for you is strange because I'm italian but for me 4 wheels are too much, better are 2 wheels

MotoGP with "The Doctor" Valentino Rossi  :grin

ciao

Massimo

Hobby Dreamer
first 4 races being so damn early in the morning

Its hard to wake up early for some races that tend to be non-events! More than 20 years ago we had coverage at midnight (Sun/Mon) which made for a sleepy morning at work. But it was Murray Walker at the mic, and that made it alright! Murray was (and still is) one of the best commentators with tremendous enthusiasm and energy. A lot of races are boring but Murray had a way of entertaining you with facts and his famous "Murrayisms" (statements that were nonsensical but funny, as he would often get tongue-tied and let his passion overflow).

I just watched some BBC videos about the 2010 preseason and am feeling real excitement after many boring recent years.

4 wheels are too much, better are 2 wheels

I think you are absolutely correct; Massimo, MotoGP is amazing but we just don't get the coverage here in Canada and its stressful to watch the accidents!

Looks as though 2010 will be a great year for F-1!!

Cheers..

maybe for you is strange because I'm italian but for me 4 wheels are too much, better are 2 wheels

MotoGP with "The Doctor" Valentino Rossi  :grin

ciao

Massimo

I love Moto GP.