Photos of members?

CaptOblivious

Go the W cars! What depot are you at?

Cheers,

Mark.

Hey Mark,

Im based at Malvern depot. We run Z1, Z3, and D(Combino) Class trams.

Chris.

Love it, Bevis vs Godzilla, an MTV original movie!

cheers

jeff

I'm shocked and appalled you'd recognize Bevis.

its my nickname from a few friends actually. for the life of me i cant remember how it started other than over some beers, so that may answer the question... at least i got the nickname bevis and not butthead! actually have one friend from grad school who is nicknamed butt boy, but that is from him farting a lot... why we didnt call him fart boy escapes me.

jeff

Did you get to ride on the 500 Nozomi? Thanks for the photos!

Sadly no, and since it was my first Shinkansen purchase, I should have. My shinkansen was coming from somewhere along the Hakone to Tokyo trip...I just can't remember where along the route we stopped taking the regular train and switched to the shinkansen. I don't even remember which shinkansen we had just stepped off of at Tokyo station to take that picture, but we were late catching the NEX to Narita!

I know we took the romance car train to Hakone, but I can't remember what we took on the way back to Tokyo...

Guest JRF-1935

Pretty Cool !  I like this Idea !  Here's a pic of me - the guy in the green shirt in the middle left standing up - sans hair of course  :cheesy  Trust me - You don't want to see a close up !  :laugh: 

Rich C

post-0-13569926989711_thumb.jpg

Here I am with a few friends, a few years ago. I'm the exhausted looking guy in a purple T-shirt, this was taken after a particularly tough Olympic Air Rifle match thus the rather worn look.

losamigos.th.jpg

Cheers NB

Guest JRF-1935

Okay Don here is the repeat photo. If members can get their eyes off the Japanese TV host in the middle, I'm the tall one on the left. (Just to make members happy, here is a solo photo......of her!)

Bernard -

She is much "cuter" than you LOL  :laugh:

Guest JRF-1935

Judging from the pictures posted here - I think all the members should get together and make a movie titled "Who" Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest II -  :laugh:

Rich C

Okay Don here is the repeat photo. If members can get their eyes off the Japanese TV host in the middle, I'm the tall one on the left. (Just to make members happy, here is a solo photo......of her!)

Bernard -

She is much "cuter" than you LOL  :laugh:

She's extremely cute and very sweet too, she's only 24. At the time we didn't realize that she was the on air talent for one of the Japanese News/Sports stations and we were constantly joking with her. Her whole crew was very nice and her Producer was surprised at how many Japanese past and present Olympic athlete I knew and had done stories on. We all had a great time at the ski jump venue that day.

nik_n_dad

I'm affraid someone will end up posting a photo of himself with Leonard Neemoy or Thomas the Tank Engine...  :grin

I believe we have a photo of myself, Nik and Sir Toppem Hat somewhere.....

The pic was taken on the occasion of my 50th birthday, which my wife and I celebrated by renting a 900 year old cottage in Wales, conveniently located to all those "Great Little Trains of Wales". We toured nearly all of them, actually we missed only the Mt. Snowdon Rlwy. and the standard gauge Llangollen Rlwy. It is really amazing how well kept those trains are.

Bonus points if you can identify where I am!

If I remember correctly, it's at the Todai-ji in Nara. Did you manage to get through? Normally this is reserved for kids.

• Like 1