Photos of members?

CaptOblivious

CaptOblivious

Wear a black-turtleneck covered in white paper confetti.

Wear clothes five sizes too big.

Wear a hula-hoop. Use it.

• Like 1

Tony, when you're rich and famous, you can afford a better fashion adviser! 

( :grin Only joking Don, I like your suggestions.)

At the hotel during the Fall 2008 Rockville Lion's Club Train Show for the JRM.

PS: I've lost thirty pounds since that photo, so the towel would not stay up on it's own now.

Suddenly I find myself on the verge of leaving these forums...

Never said I wasn't wearing pants under the towel.

trainkc.jpg

Taken last week in Osaka, Jp inside a DF50.

• Like 3

I used the remote timer on the D2Hs. I did another shot in the cab of a 0-series shinkansen but the autofocus decided that it rather focus on something else closer resulting in a blurred me. I did not catch how soft that image was on the LCD until I got home.

My mother said the same thing. I typically wear a black cap (or unionist cap) but it gets in the way of the viewfinder so I turned it 45 degrees so it looks like a beret. The coat, well, it was raining, and raining and raining. All it did from the 22nd until the 28th was rained it seemed. Even on the one sunny day I had it rained.

Left my comfortable shirt at home this morning. Had to go to a consignment shop anyway, so bought another cheap, comfortable shirt. Then realized I was dressed in JNR colors:

2e3rby0.jpg

Mark & Alvin (Westfalen) since you both work for the Australian RR, have you two ever met?

BTW, Mark I like your 2nd photo, very funny.

Mark & Alvin (Westfalen) since you both work for the Australian RR, have you two ever met?

I don't think we have. We are roughly 700 km apart as the crow flies, or about 980 km as the train runs.

Photos of me at 'work' seem hard to find. :grin Here I am a few years ago before I moved up to the front end of the train.

post-218-13569924491021_thumb.jpg

No, not yet. It's been a long time since I visited Brisbane, but if I were to head up that way I'd certainly get in touch with Alvin and arrange a get-together.

There's a bit of a story to that. In my depot the nickname for SSR is "Same Sex Railway", and my mate who took the photo was paying out on me. Also, I'm not a great fan of working on GM/EMD locos, so he was giving me a hard time about that as well!  :grin

All the best,

Mark.

See, the aussies have full size trains like us, not those little ones like in Japan.

Yeah, but we have little trains as well.  :cheesy

11251_105135666170165_100000211950549_129907_4877966_n.jpg

I'm at Puffing Billy with my mate Allan, who is a driver there. The engine is a 2' 6" gauge 2-6-2T, built by the VR Newport Workshops to a Baldwin design. They're very capable engines, but this one is even more so, as it has been fitted with a Lempor front-end.

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 2
Photos of me at 'work' seem hard to find. :grin Here I am a few years ago before I moved up to the front end of the train.

Does anyone really "work" when they're in the middle?  I never did! :cheesy

All the best,

Mark.

Still no pictures of me at work, but here's the guy who taught me how to drive trains. :cool:

Reminds me of some of our driver trainers!

Cheers,

Mark.

Here is a picture of me at work. Im the youngest in the black jacket! I dont drive this class tram but it was at our depot for a service of some sort.

Atwork1stOct2009_0002.jpg

Atwork1stOct2009_0001.jpg

• Like 3