Photos of members?

CaptOblivious

CaptOblivious

Bernard recently posted a photo of himself to a different thread, and it got me thinking: We've all got images in our heads of what we all look like, and they're usually wrong. Alpine (sorry Mag!) once told me that he'd pictured me as being considerably older, shorter, and heavier than I really am (because, I think, of my name, Don).

So, for those who've never seen, here's me. (I'll let you just guess what I'm posing with.) What about you?

DSCN0543.jpg

Edited by CaptOblivious
  • Like 2

Okay Don here is the repeat photo. If members can get their eyes off the Japanese TV host in the middle, I'm the tall one on the left. (Just to make members happy, here is a solo photo......of her!)

post-22-13569924207509_thumb.jpg

post-22-13569924208812_thumb.jpg

Martijn Meerts

Okay Don here is the repeat photo. If members can get their eyes off the Japanese TV host in the middle, I'm the tall one on the left.

You mean there's someone other than a cute Japanese TV host in that picture? =)

• Like 1

Question: Why oh why do you all pose with weird and/or beautifull (at least for Bernard) attractions?  ???:cheesy

Lets count so far we got:

- creepy female mouse

- giant japanese starfish

- NHK TV host

Is there a pattern of some sort here? Do I have to find a picture that fits this pattern? I'm affraid someone will end up posting a photo of himself with Leonard Neemoy or Thomas the Tank Engine...  :grin

• Like 1

Question: Why oh why do you all pose with weird and/or beautifull (at least for Bernard) attractions?  ???:cheesy

I'm affraid someone will end up posting a photo of himself with Thomas the Tank Engine...  :grin

Might be able to organise that :grin calls for a tripto the Bluebell Railway I suppos :laugh:e

qwertyaardvark

I don't cosplay.... And people don't know about my obsession with trains.... ^_^

First pic - That's me in the FMA (blue w/ grey trim) uniform at an anime convention! True story: when wearing this out in public ive been guessed to be 1) Hotel Staff 2) METRO Bus Driver 3) Air Force Pilot

Second pic - I'm sure enough of you can figure out where I am and what I am standing in front of... :P coughJapanSummer2008cough ... coughShinkansencough

post-221-13569924209443_thumb.jpg

post-221-13569924209844_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

At the hotel during the Fall 2008 Rockville Lion's Club Train Show for the JRM.

PS: I've lost thirty pounds since that photo, so the towel would not stay up on it's own now.

post-62-13569924210127_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
Mudkip Orange

At the hotel during the Fall 2008 Rockville Lion's Club Train Show for the JRM.

PS: I've lost thirty pounds since that photo, so the towel would not stay up on it's own now.

Suddenly I find myself on the verge of leaving these forums...

• Like 1
Sure, why not?

And I thought, I was the dictator here.  :grin

On the other side, this is me (whitout strange companions but with my winter features, which includes beard, long hair and big mantel):

[smg id=852]

As you can see, I love cinema.

Claude_Dreyfus

This mugshot was taken a couple of years ago at Nara...me in full 'tourist Mode'  :grin

post-141-13569924210336_thumb.jpg

Sure, why not?

And I thought, I was the dictator here.  :grin

On the other side, this is me (whitout strange companions but with my winter features, which includes beard, long hair and big mantel):

[smg id=852]

As you can see, I love cinema.

Wow, Vince, you're not quite how I pictured ya.

I'll take that as a compliment.  :cheesy I'm curious, how where you picturing me? More like Skinner, Homer or Willie?

True, I had some surprise as well. For exemple, I was picturing Bernard as another Bernard I use to know on Internet.

True, I had some surprise as well. For exemple, I was picturing Bernard as another Bernard I use to know on Internet.

It is interesting what our preconceived notions of each other was before we saw our photos.  

I'll take that as a compliment.  :cheesy I'm curious, how where you picturing me? More like Skinner, Homer or Willie?

I sorta picture ya as older and a bit bigger, LOL.

I'm affraid someone will end up posting a photo of himself with Leonard Neemoy or Thomas the Tank Engine...  :grin

A photo of myself with Thomas the Tank Engine? I can do that!

4412989245_c06430068d_o.jpg

But seriously, here's one with me and all my kids, Kaine, Charlotte and Harry. Taken on the train yesterday at Thirlmere.

4413756484_acd52a894f_o.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

Well,  I'm the one who is normally behind the Camera so it was hard to find, but here is one of me a couple of years ago resting after I'd just finished the Totoro mural in my (then 2 weeks from being born) Daughters bedroom

post-181-13569924214328_thumb.jpg