Nankai 50000

Guest Bernard

Massimo - Let me guess, you have the Nankai too?

off course, it's a little bit difficult to explain what I collect (I need bodyguard at the end....), excluding metropolitan train like 101, 103, 205, 209, and similar all the rest like me, specially diesel locos and strange train like Rapit 50000, normally I have complete set like the original (like the TOMIX special set Asakaze, Ginza, Tsubame etc....), the bad things is that I don't have a layout until now :-(

Rest of my old collection is now on sale but are HO TGV's from Lima (Orange PSE, La Poste second type, Duplex old mark, P01 tilting, Thalis PBA and PBKA all complete whit intermediate cars) and some FS italian locos (if someone need.....but the price is in Euro)

In addiction I have a little collection of N scale Taiwan trains (and a lot of AMTRAK to sell)

if someone need help or infos about old releases, ask me before, maybe avoids taking cheat (ebay sellers, bad shops etc....)

(photos after my old Nikon come back to assistance center..)

ciao

Massimo

you just reminded me I have a boat load of HO Amtrak to sell as well that I need to get back from the consignment shop as it is going under.

I see $499 at Newhall station....of course they don't have it at that price, which is good as it would probably tempt me!  :laugh: 

Are there any other trains with this style in Japan, particularly that haven't made it into N Scale yet?

Sadly, New Hall is about 20% over what any of direct distributors in Japan like HobbySearch or HLJ would sell it at.

I think you meant more like 200% (and sometimes 300%). its a shame they do this as it can give the impression that japanese trains are expensive or hard to get from japan, which both are not the case.

these are around a fair amount on ebay and usually go for under $200, dont seem to be in the really rare status now that they have had two issues from ma. the wood boxed set is really nice and i am still kicking myself for not picking one up on ebay for $145 a year or two back, but felt greedy since i already had one in the regular box...

it is one of my most fav trains, really the jules verne nautilus to me! the real one really is quite shiny and lustrous in real life. i used a tad of pledge furniture polish on mine and buffed it out and it really gave it a nice sheen like the prototype has.

cheers

jeff

Martijn Meerts

Newhall Station is a bit weird at times.. Sometimes they have hard to get stuff for a fair price, and sometimes they have really common things which they claim is rare and goed for insane amounts of money ;)

My Doraemon train came from Newhall, and that one wasn't all that expensive at the time.

really, i dont think i have seen just about anything at under 50% over the going rate. most everything seems set at 200% the going rate and some even more! his prices just get under my fingernails. i worry that unsuspecting folks buy at those prices not knowing the premium they are paying. while it is worth to some to not have to order from a japanese web site or ebay, that markup seems exorbitant for the service. but i guess what folks are willing to pay... just hope no one is taken unawares.

cheers,

jeff

I see $499 at Newhall station....of course they don't have it at that price, which is good as it would probably tempt me!  :laugh: 

Are there any other trains with this style in Japan, particularly that haven't made it into N Scale yet?

Sadly, New Hall is about 20% over what any of direct distributors in Japan like HobbySearch or HLJ would sell it at.

I think you meant more like 200% (and sometimes 300%). its a shame they do this as it can give the impression that japanese trains are expensive or hard to get from japan, which both are not the case.

Yeah, but I was trying to be polite as not to stir any trouble.

not my intention to stir up trouble either, but would rather give the the facts as is and it is a concern for new comers.

cheers

jeff

not my intention to stir up trouble either, but would rather give the the facts as is and it is a concern for new comers.

cheers

jeff

Dying last words.

Its funny, Newhall was the first place I ever came across the Tomix / Kato buildings (for whatever reason, never thought to look on eBay, and although Hobbysearch came up in my searches, their somewhat cryptic "1999.co.jp" URL  is a bit scary for a newbie!) which were in fact my first real exposure to Japanese trains, so in a way, they've had their place.  In time, I found better prices from other supplies , and haven't bought anything from them in 2 years as a result. 

these are around a fair amount on ebay and usually go for under $200, dont seem to be in the really rare status now that they have had two issues from ma. the wood boxed set is really nice and i am still kicking myself for not picking one up on ebay for $145 a year or two back, but felt greedy since i already had one in the regular box...

Now THAT is good news!  I'm on the prowl! :-)

Its funny, Newhall was the first place I ever came across the Tomix / Kato buildings (for whatever reason, never thought to look on eBay, and although Hobbysearch came up in my searches, their somewhat cryptic "1999.co.jp" URL  is a bit scary for a newbie!) which were in fact my first real exposure to Japanese trains, so in a way, they've had their place.  In time, I found better prices from other supplies , and haven't bought anything from them in 2 years as a result. 

Now THAT is good news!  I'm on the prowl! :-)

Yeah I had the same reservations about HobbySearch and their URL. At that time their site design seemed rather dated and a tad seedy IMHO, but a couple gran d later and lord knows how much stuff, they're my first choice to order through.

A Rapit in the collectors case just went up on plazajapan at $278 and was snapped up right away....

picture me kicking myself a lot for passing up that one a year or so back for $120...

cheers

jeff

A Rapit in the collectors case just went up on plazajapan at $278 and was snapped up right away....

picture me kicking myself a lot for passing up that one a year or so back for $120...

cheers

jeff

Bill was good enough to show that to me. The shipping on it was $32.00, that's a total of $310.00 a bit too steep for me.

yeah too steep for me as well, more kicking myself...

hoping ma will re-release again, its been a very good seller i think.

jeff

cheers

jeff

I'm Guilty!!!  :headbang:

I was heading out on a weekend trip with the family, and just thought I'd check my email for any news....and there it was!  Yes, a bit steep for Japanese trains, but a bargain when compared to my European stuff!!!  :laugh:

Two—yes, two! just went up on eBay yesterday evening:

item nos.:

Oh NOOOOO! There goes my credit card. It was a bit confusing at first since the auction ends about the same time and it's by the same seller.

Thanks Don!!

Oh NOOOOO! There goes my credit card. It was a bit confusing at first since the auction ends about the same time and it's by the same seller.

Thanks Don!!

Bernard,

Its Rails of Sheffield, they are a dealer in great britain that sells a lot of odd stock on ebay. you can also get on their newsletter, but they rarely ever have any japanese stuff in the newsletter (i have kind of stopped scanning it much any more). from time to time they have batches of japanese stuff, im guessing from buying out collections. I have bought from them in the past. very good service and seemed to be able to keep the shipping prices from gb to us at a reasonable level.

cheers

jeff

CaptOblivious

OK, FWIW, I'm bidding on 190347235365. If you love me, or even just this forum, you'd leave well enough alone ;)  No, it doesn't pass through Ueno Station, but it is the most stylish train in the entire world, thank you. I'd like one :D

OK, FWIW, I'm bidding on 190347235365. If you love me, or even just this forum, you'd leave well enough alone ;)  No, it doesn't pass through Ueno Station, but it is the most stylish train in the entire world, thank you. I'd like one :D

Won't touch it, I'm bidding on the other one.  :icon_bounce:

CaptOblivious

But, what happen to the "I must save money to pay for my E653" moto?  ???:grin

Gin happened. Apparently I drunk-bid last night (and drunk-posted here), and I was mighty relieved this morning to find that I'd already been outbid!

im so going to shoot this in Mqrch. What's the line it runs on exactly?

Nankai Main Line from Namba to Izumisano and then Nankai Airport Line from Izumisano to Kansai Kuuuukooooo.

Note that it shares the same everything after Rinku Town (I believe they're trying to say "link") as JR and you'll see it passing the Haruka service.

In February 2006 I had four hours or so to spare at Kansai Airport between flights from Sapporo and home to Brisbane so I caught an all stops local into Namba and returned on the Rapit. I think it cost around 13 dollars, a bargin as it costs more than that to get to Brisbane airport on a regular suburban train. The line from the airport across the bridge to Rinku Town is double track, shared by JR and Nankai, at Rinki Town the line splits into two island platforms, the outer two are Nankai and the inner ones JR.