2010 Vancouver Olympics

Bernard

Just a quick note, I've been up in Vancouver filming the Winter Olympics, working 18+hr days. There is one thing I found out immediately.....Boy, do Canadians love Hockey!

Filming the games is getting really hectic and I'm sorry but my participation is going to be limited to say the least. Tomorrow I'm taking a crew up to film the Biathlon. All the Norwegian members probably can guess who I'll be filming. I have to leave for the venue at 5am.....So good night.

Martijn Meerts

Just watched some hockey, Canada - Norway.. Always liked hockey but it's near impossible to watch any decent games here because of the timezones. Had to stay up until about 4am to watch it till the end.

I actually stayed up until like 7am once to watch a Stanley Cup final, last game.. There were like 5 overtime periods before I finally caved in and went to sleep. Obviously, the decider got score in the first minute of the 6th overtime =)

1 thing I'm definitely going to do when I go to the US or Canada, is go to a hockey game :)

Just a quick note, I've been up in Vancouver filming the Winter Olympics, working 18+hr days. There is one thing I found out immediately.....Boy, do Canadians love Hockey!

If Canada wins the gold metal in hockey you won't get any sleep that night!!!  :laugh:

If Canada wins the gold metal in hockey you won't get any sleep that night!!!   :laugh:

If Canada doesn't win the gold medal in hockey, Canadians won't get any sleep that night!!

bernard,

if the us wins sunday i hope you make it back over the border with your life! maybe you should start haying eh a lot and trying to blend in in bc and lay low for a while if canada looses!

cheers

jeff

Jeff & Bill - One of our Producers has asked for three crews outside the Hockey venue filming people in nearby diners and bars watching the game on TV. I'm directing the Closing for my company and I need those crews to film for me during Closing. I've been told that if Canada loses, they'll riot and if Canada wins, they'll riot. I need those crews back at Closing! Why couldn't Curling be the final sport contested at these games?!

PS - I don't know what you've guys have heard but these have been a very successful Olympics! The Canadians did a fantastic job welcoming the World to Vancouver!!

Jeff & Bill - One of our Producers has asked for three crews outside the Hockey venue filming people in nearby diners and bars watching the game on TV. I'm directing the Closing for my company and I need those crews to film for me during Closing. I've been told that if Canada loses, they'll riot and if Canada wins, they'll riot. I need those crews back at Closing! Why couldn't Curling be the final sport contested at these games?!

PS - I don't know what you've guys have heard but these have been a very successful Olympics! The Canadians did a fantastic job welcoming the World to Vancouver!!

Bernard where's your spirit?  Curling??  Maybe we should get you a rocking chair.

Yes, we did Own the Podium!!  13 gold metals the most ever at a Winter Games.  :occasion14:

Bernard where's your spirit?   Curling??  Maybe we should get you a rocking chair.

Yes, we did Own the Podium!!  13 gold metals the most ever at a Winter Games.   :occasion14:

Final total: 14 gold medals but the 14th one will be remembered for generations. I have  NEVER experienced anything like the USA vs CAN Hockey game! Though out Vancouver people were on the streets, in their houses, apartments, etc. watching the game. When CAN scored the 1st goal there was a LOUD roar though out the city. I had to direct the Closing Ceremonies for my company and because of the crowd, I decided to head over earlier than I planned, to the Main Stadium (which is right next to the Hockey venue) 4 hrs before the start. (I'm glad I did!) As I was walking and finally got to my destination, I knew the score was CAN 2 - USA 1. I didn't have to see the game to know that, I just knew it by the reaction of the crowds.

So all you Canadian members congratulations on a GREAT games!! You really captured the spirit! And how was the reaction to the Hockey win in your sections of Canada? (They're still celebrating in Vancouver!)

PS As for Curling, Cheryl Bernard of Canada got as much press as any of the other athletes (maybe more)

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/curling/news/newsid=54877.html

I have NEVER experienced anything like the USA vs CAN Hockey game! Though out Vancouver people were on the streets, in their houses, apartments, etc. watching the game. When CAN scored the 1st goal there was a LOUD roar though out the city. [...] I didn't have to see the game to know that, I just knew it by the reaction of the crowds.

Remind me of the 98 FIFA World Cup when France won 3-0 against Brazil. You resumed it perfectly.  :grin

Just got this stat: There are 33 million Canadians and 15 million watched the Opening Ceremonies BUT 26 million watched the USA vs CAN Hockey game! That means almost every Canadian watched that game!! WOW!! (we don't even have a emoticon to represent that stat!!)