My first Japanese Projects.

keiman

Wow, I really liked your trackplan but with the buildings it is more convincing. Lot of routes available to make real traffic.  :cheesy

Can I ask the size of this layout?

I also like the layout plan it has a lot of situations where the trains seem like they change direction. Are you planning on making this a permanent layout?

Wow, I really liked your trackplan but with the buildings it is more convincing. Lot of routes available to make real traffic. 

Can I ask the size of this layout?

Size of Dining Table 1.5m x 0.8m

I also like the layout plan it has a lot of situations where the trains seem like they change direction. Are you planning on making this a permanent layout?

Have decided this track plan is going to be permanent. Track is all Tomix, all curves are either 103 or 140. and apart from 2 all points/switches are manual.

The whole layout runs off one Gaugemaster Combi controller.

Can have up to 4 trains ready to roll, just by throwing switches.

Have been given approval by SHMBO if I put some flooring in the loft to store some stuff we never sorted out when we moved in, to use the Alcove in the Bedroom to put the layout. Alcove is 1.5m x 1.0m :angel4:

Update;

Have been building some trees(all Tomytec) and also built the first Sankei kit  (The small barn),very pleased with it..

have found a firm in Germany that make white metal models of Quad bikes and have got one (painted it red  Honda style)

Still to do;

Sankei Kits: Small Factory, Church, Shrine, Farmhouse, some small carts, 2 x Rikshaws.

Greenmax kits: subways, pavement/side walk kits,Catenary.

Tomytec Kits: Bamboo, extra platform, more trees,

Other kits:Wooden Laser cut Mine,

Will post more pictures after Easter as I have to do the loft then.  Also new month so can buy the baseboard and start setting everything out properly. I will be losing the dining room table over Easter :sad:

Before any one asks-every thing will be on the level. :laugh:

Quick update not a lot has happened, hoping to get a bit more done this weekend. Been looking at changing the trackplan due to an error on my part -got the board cut too narrow. Have had an experiment  and hope that it might work.

Hope to set it up later this weekend, and get some pictures if the other half does not change my plans

Keiman,

love the folded figure 8 plan, really gets a lot in in a small space and makes the train unpredictable if you cant see the whole track plan easily! been looking at it to do a similar plan/sized layout for trams, but also have been buying a few btrain shorties so now im starting to think what could be done with them as well in a tight little space like this with regular rr! great work, keep the pictures coming.

cheers

jeff

Got the track secured and started laying Heki grass mat.  Have got area's sorted for the Park, Town, and farm, maintenance area is a bit of a shambles but currently waiting for glue to dry and I can mark out roads etc. Temple/shrine site sorted and vineyard  allready to plant.

Pics at the weekend but also have a major car show planned so may have to spend time getting ready for that.(10h Anniverserary of Subaru P1  at Prodrive who prepared the rally cars on Sunday).

Was interesting getting a siding long enough for an 8 car shorty incorporated in the track plan.

Pics of track plan  and rough building layout before I fixed the track down.  Long train in the siding is the 8 car set I mentioned in previous post.

SDC10091.jpg

SDC10089.jpg

SDC10088.jpg

SDC10087.jpg

• Like 5
Mudkip Orange

AWESOME. Looks like something from the back cover of a Lionel catalog... only it's in N!

It's official: B-trains are now officially the new tinplate O.

Very nice. But where's the "Heki grass mat"? Or is that brown late fall grass (it looks like particle board in the photos, but that may just be due to lack of resolution)? If so, why brown grass?

I'm really impressed though. There's a lot going on in terms of track, but it doesn't seem cluttered.  I think the B-trains may be part of that, as they make the space seem larger.  I've never been a fan of the B-trains, but they clearly "work" here.

Very nice. But where's the "Heki grass mat"? Or is that brown late fall grass (it looks like particle board in the photos, but that may just be due to lack of resolution)? If so, why brown grass?

I'm really impressed though. There's a lot going on in terms of track, but it doesn't seem cluttered.  I think the B-trains may be part of that, as they make the space seem larger.  I've never been a fan of the B-trains, but they clearly "work" here.

Grass mat was not down when I took those photo's - those were the pics I took to make sure every thing would fit. :laugh:

disturbman
If so, why brown grass?

Well, I've seen enough brown grass in Japan to make me think this is not an issue.

Have not done much more but have just ordered some more buildings, as I felt the streets were too wide.  waiting for the B Train Container cars before I decide what else to incorporate.  ???

Track wise every thing is fine but feel possibly need to make the open spaces look more busy apart from the end with the farm as that will be planted with crops. :cheesy

Looks fantastic. Im new myself. The Japanese quality is the best ive seen for a long time . No more struggling with Peco points any more- bring on the Unitrack! :cheesy :cheesy

Got another little project on the go that is much more portable and  is 3'00" x 8 "

Pictures will follow .

All being built with Peco Setrack. Have had to make this one a compromise because I want to run my British rolling stock as well. Freight Only shunting layout.

Track plan is sorted but currently waiting for some parts to dry having done a bit of painting earlier

The retaining wall is going to be a Stone one from Langley models and there will be virtually no buildings and the track above the wall will be unpowered to put my Del Prado C50 Steam Loco on, or the Flying Scotsman if British based.

Update on my Projects.

Due to storage problems have had to dismantle the track on the B Train Layout -  For a harmonious / peaceful life I am going to have to start all over again.

New Layout will have to be in 1'0" maximum deep modules but can acommodate up to 3'0" length.

You can do a lot in a 1x3 module. Although I tend to build large layouts, and like long trains, the nice thing about a small layout is that it's easier to concentrate your efforts on creating detailed scenes. I find the T-trak modules, which are just 8.25" deep, very interesting for that reason. And I've thought about building something like a 1x8 diorama as a way to experiment with scenery ideas, although I've so far preferred to put my efforts into my big layout.

Note that I'm not advocating you use T-trak; if this is for a home layout, it will be easier to build sections that fit your available space, and have joints in convenient places for your track.  I would suggest working out your track plan before building anything.  You don't want, for example, to end up with complex trackwork (like a switch or crossing) at or near the end of a module.

You can do a lot in a 1x3 module. Although I tend to build large layouts, and like long trains, the nice thing about a small layout is that it's easier to concentrate your efforts on creating detailed scenes. I find the T-trak modules, which are just 8.25" deep, very interesting for that reason. And I've thought about building something like a 1x8 diorama as a way to experiment with scenery ideas, although I've so far preferred to put my efforts into my big layout.

Note that I'm not advocating you use T-trak; if this is for a home layout, it will be easier to build sections that fit your available space, and have joints in convenient places for your track.  I would suggest working out your track plan before building anything.  You don't want, for example, to end up with complex trackwork (like a switch or crossing) at or near the end of a module.

Cheers Ken, Have already thought about that one. The small british board I've just built, can be expanded-single track in and single track out but is also fully self contained for shunting manouveres- took about 8 attempts at the track layout but means can have 2 wagons at any point and move them around or combinethem into a longer train to run to an extension when built.

Have a few ideas and will be trying different track plans before finalising the exact size of each module.

This set are "Armstong" method, when the next board is built the new ones on that board will have levers, rods and cranks - proper style :cheesy