April visit

GrahamH

Hi All

I will be going to Tokyo for 4 nights and then to Yokohama for 7 nights in early April. Usual request-does anybody know any model rail shops in Yokohama?

Graham ???

Hum... if you are ok second hand trains. The answer is clearly: "Yeah!"

If not, you can think about shipping cost and your country VAT you have to pay when ordering online.

Can someone recommend some good second hand train shops in Tokyo?

I think we allready had this conversation... I just can't find it. :/

As a matter of interest, well to me anyway. I have just received a Fleischmann n catalogue and a hard back folder of their system. This folder with a supplement is being sold very cheaply. I do like some of the German trains etc. I just find them expensive -even secondhand makes me think twice.

But I have just realised I have hardly ever been to Germany. Last visit was to Cologne in 1988 or 89 and I was hardly sober for most of it. In fact after my second visit to Japan in April, I will have spent more time in Japan than Germany.

I like a lot of the Japanese trains but not all. I am not keen on coaches with the air conditioning boxes on top. Or container wagons with the guards compartment at one end. I like nearly all Swiss trains and see some similiarities with Japanese. The Japanese steam looks very colonial but is interesting. All the bullet trains are good. Still have my fish lips 3 coach EMU as a screen page. :cool:

Anyway that's my personal views.

Graham H