Curved Platforms from Tomytec

bill937ca

Mudkip Orange

As I mentioned over in qwertyaardvark's thread, these will work just as well with Kato as with Tomix, since the Kato 282/315 nestles into the footprint of the Tomix 280/317 with just a little extra gap between the train and the platform.

I'm curious to see whether the platform setback will be geared toward 20m EMUs or 25m Shinkansen, and if it's the former, how many people will buy it unaware that Shinkansen will hit the sides unless it's set back an unreasonable distance.

CaptOblivious

My guess is 20m commuter cars. The sets appear to match the earlier rural station sets Tomytec released last year.

I'm thinking these might work on a T-TRAK corner module, with Kato 315/282mm curves. The extra 2mm clearance might allow longer cars to clear.

Awesome! These go for sure on my wish list. Though, I think the platforms will come out better when serviced with shorter, then 20m, cars.

I'm wondering when Tomytec starts producing island platforms...

Mudkip Orange

What will look really sweet is if you pair these up with the Kato 282/315 superelevated curves, and get a station where trains stop on a cant - i.e. every local stop on the Keihan Main Line.