HW Japan close out item - Now up to 50%

disturbman

I think many people here knows about HWJapan close out items. These are items that HJ usually sales with a 25% decrease in price instead of their usual 10 or 20%. But today I discovered that many items were sold at 50% and others were showing a 30% price reduction.

The 50% are in the 5 or 6 first pages and you can find some add-ons (like a E351 Super Azusa), some complete trains (Series 185 Odorika, Series 183 Azusa by Kato or the Odakyu Romance Car Type 20000 RSE by Modemo) and many other things. Afterwards begins the 30% decrease section. There is usually just one box left, so items can disappear quite easily.

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/kengte.aspx?mk=&sc=28///103&ItemKind=C&page=1&sender=

You know this is really a crap-shoot.  HWJ is closed for the weekend now. You can go in and order an item and the quantity on the site doesn't change until HWJ reopens on Monday and processes the orders.  There's no way to tell if you are successful--until Sunday night, Monday morning for many of us.

Yeah yeah, we get it you don't like them or their services. Too slow. Too many back orders. Too small a stock. And now an uninvinting order system.

Crap-shoot or not, it still can be interesting for some of us and it was certainly not a crap-shoot when I posted the news earlier in the day.

Most of those close-out items are there already a long time (I've been observing them for a while, albeity no money), so no real hurry. :laugh: However, it could all change ibn the blink of an eye though.

Yeah, but it changes from time to time. For exemple the last time I bought the last 485 Series Azuliner (2005 livery) and today I took the last 781 Series in JR livery.  :grin Second exemple, the price of some items drop dramatically not so long ago. A 50% reduction is allways a thing to welcome warmingly.

Thanks for pointing it out Disturbman!  I am tempted to get the Kato station accessories.  I have been ordering from the site since someone introduced me.  :cheesy

A 50% reduction is allways a thing to welcome warmingly

Well, yes indeed it is :grin Some reduced items are even lower in price compared to 2nd hand stock found elsewhere.

Claude_Dreyfus

Yeah, thanks for pointing this out.

I now have the add-on set for the E351 winging it's way over to me... The whole thing, including postage, cost me £44.00; really can't complain about that!

Maybe Hobby World ought to pay you a commission :grin

You are welcome. I'm glad that someone could take advantage of this opportunity. And I must admit, when I posted about the E351 add-on I thought that it could interest you. :cheesy

And clearly, they should give me a commission. A small one, I'm not a greedy person.  :grin

Mudkip Orange

The other day they had the 165 "Nanohana" for 50% off - or like 85 bucks for a 6-car train.

Today, it's off the site completely.

SOMEBODY got a good deal...