Trains from Europe

serenityFan

Hi all, so I've just got back from Europe ... wanted to see the snow and boy did I got my wish  :grin :grin

Also took the train a lot whilst there, thought I would share some train pics that I managed to snap.

Brussels (look at the snow!):

DSC_3684_edited.jpg

Amsterdam:

DSC_3946_edited.jpg

ICEs at Essen Hauptbahnhoff:

DSC_4235_edited.jpg

a 'tram' stop, also in Essen:

DSC_4219_edited.jpg

somewhere between Zurich and Lucerne:

DSC_5032_edited.jpg

TGV Lyria and me :grin:

DSC_5417_edited.jpg

A shunter (outside of Paris?):

DSC_5458_edited.jpg

Regional train in Germany:

DSC_9363_edited.jpg

Last, a Eurostar at Gare Du Nord:

DSC_2979.jpg

Hi all, so I've just got back from Europe ... wanted to see the snow and boy did I got my wish  :grin :grin

So, that is you fault then! I was wondering too why this winter was so damn white and cold.

DSC_3684_edited.jpg

That's also currently the new and very temporary Vancouver (Olympic) tram...

Amsterdam:

DSC_3946_edited.jpg

God, I can reconize this street corner!!! I must have gone there to many times.

TGV Lyria and me :grin:

DSC_5417_edited.jpg

I really love the POS design. But the paint scheme on this train is somewhat faulty. The nose is unicolored, it misses the blue white stripe?

A shunter (outside of Paris?):

DSC_5458_edited.jpg

I don't think it's outside Paris. More likely outside Mulhouse or something on the way between paris and Zurich because the TER behing the YoYo (the name given to the shunters) is wearing the colors of the TER Alsace. This photo must have be taken inside your Lyria.

Meanwhile up in the great white north, we have no snow but just cloudy weather.  Which is making me S.A.D.  Nice pics, how long were you there for?  I love the Brussel trams and cannot wait to see them in my backyard soon!

Hi all, so I've just got back from Europe ... wanted to see the snow and boy did I got my wish  :grin :grin

Also took the train a lot whilst there, thought I would share some train pics that I managed to snap.

DSC_3684_edited.jpg

Three of those Bombardier cars are in Vancouver now.  And 204 are coming to Toronto in the next few years.

That the last generation (the fourth) of the DBpza, made by Bombardier. I'm pretty sure that Fleischmann is producing this or the previous generation.

Great photos- from what looks like a great trip- Serenity! I haven't been to the continent since 2006, but I love going in the winter when the tourists are at home!  The snow adds an extra dimension to your photos!

Ah, the high-floor trams in Germany. I love those things! They run on such a huge system. You can go extreme distances in the Rhurgebiet, just by tram! Did you have had the chance to ride the 1000mm and 1435mm trams? They run on some routes on the same tracks. E.g. IIRC this is the section between Duisburg and Essen. Still gotta go there myself and travel on them again.