The Introduction Thread...

Darren Jeffries

twistrackson5

Hello all!

Long time lurker.  Finally have some time to enjoy trains (and some buses too).  Been fascinated with urban transit for many moons.  Although never visited Japan yet, have found their variety in rail transit to be stunning.  A bit of background:  Introduced to buses and trains since age 3ish.  San Francisco, Bay Area, and beyond rich in transit history.  Focus on n-scale due to size and increasing degrees of variety, quality, and systems represented.  Current goals to enjoy as a static display with some occasional 9 volt battery powered test track.  Fantasy/Freelance holding company with focus on California and on selected Japanese equipment which piqued my interests. That's all for now.  Thanks for reading.

Circa '71.jpg

• Like 3
disturbman

@twistrackson5 feeling of déjà-vu. Did you fall into a time loop or had an open tab with the copy of your original post?

Double welcome aboard for a double arrival!

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 1
twistrackson5

Sorry.  Getting hang of posting.  Thought I was adding pic to original post.

• Like 4

Thanks, that picture brings back childhood memories! In those days you could jump on and off and the cable cars were not huge tourist magnets.

i use to stay with family friends in Berkeley Saturday nights when my folks went to parties that were a bit away and they would be late getting home. The chap was an amazing Chinese cook (and just about everything else to boot) and would make huge sunday dinners. So Sunday morning we would go over to Chinatown to shop for dinner and have dim sum and usually while he was shopping he would let me just hop on the California st cable car and I’d ride out 7 or 8 blocks hanging off the side and then grab one back down the hill to meet up with Fred. Then back to Berkeley for all day ear,drink, man, woman style kitchen and cooking! I need to go thru the boxes of my folks photos, there’s a great one of me from the back on the side board going up California he snapped once.

jeff 

• Like 1
disturbman
On 1/8/2022 at 5:26 PM, twistrackson5 said:

Sorry.  Getting hang of posting.  Thought I was adding pic to original post.

No worries, I was just joking around 🙂