The Introduction Thread...

Darren Jeffries

Thanks for the welcome... and I'm sorry if I caused any offence. I had borrowed a copy of your image as a guide to see what I needed to do to cut mine down. Got there in the end and so I hope no more faux pas like that again!

Edited by ED75-775

Trouble with Japanese n scale it’s such a great bang for the buck and enormous selection to choose from and you can cram a lot in a small Japanese scene! (My Wallet is currently groaning!)

jeff

Hello everyone,

My name is Joe and I live in the UK. I have been interested in Japanese railways since my childhood and I have been fortunate enough to visit Japan on two occasions. I did join the forum about five years ago when I planned to start constructing a layout using 7.1mm handmade track. Unfortunately work commitments prevented me from starting the project until late last year. I am now making good progress on my model of JR Yūrakuchō Station in Tokyo. 

• Like 6

Hey Joe welcome! 

glad you got back to your prototype gauge project! Keep us posted! 

cheers

jeff

• Thanks 1
Glad Pingvin

Good evening everyone

My name is Lee, I live in the UK and have decided that now is time to rekindle my model railway obsession. My childhood OO gauge loft layout has long been dismantled and boxed up for future use but due to family and space constraints there isn't currently the room to build in OO so I have stumbled on the wonderful world of Japanese z gauge modelling and have already lightened my wallet with a Japanese Amazon purchase and impulsive zenmarket yahoo auction buy that has yet to be delivered. It doesn't look much now but from small acorns.... Anyway no doubt I will be asking all sorts of inane questions whilst I stumble through this journey so thanks in advance.

IMG_20200615_172838874_copy_780x1040.jpg

IMG_20200615_172941321_copy_780x1040.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Lee,

welcome to the best forum around.

No question will be considered inane on here mate,We all have to start somewhere,ask away and you ll get a ton of help from all concerned 👍👍😀

paul

Welcome lee, glad you found us! 

a number of z folks here on the forum. Japanese z has been slowly growing and great quality. Fun new z “shorties” now too.

keep us posted on your progress

cheers

jeff

You’re welcome Lee. Everytime I see Japanese z scale I think “I gotta get me some of these!” And then I remember “I will not get into another scale, I will not get into another scale, I will not get into another scale...”

cheers

jeff

• Haha 2

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone, I will post a couple pictures, in the layout building section, of my progress in the next day or so.

Joe

• Like 2

Hi All, another new Z-Gauge person. I am starting a layout based on Z-shorty's (Post coming very soon), so this forum seemed like the best place to be. 

• Like 6

Welcome Shaun! Glad you found us, there are several japanese z scale and z shorty folks here.

cheers

jeff

Hello everyone

Recently i got inspired by the things on this forum and i decided to gave up on my HO layout and started a japanese style N scale layout. So far i only got the Kato e235 starter set, a bit of scenery, a couple of wagons and a CP4700 from my country. I already have a plan for the layout but now the hard part is buying the stuff since N scale isn't very popular in Portugal and i have to import most of the stuff.

Also looking forward to Densha de Go on PS4!!!

IMG_2075.JPG

• Like 8

Bem-vindo!

Nice start, look forward to read about your plans and see how your small fleet will grow. I think we all have the same problem, hard to find Japanese N scale in Europe at decent prices.

Love the CP4700.

• Like 1

Obrigado!!

Yeah its hard to find japanese trains at good prices in europe maybe ill try yahoo auctions through buyee sometimes i find good deals in there, but if it stops in customs the price nearly doubles so i have to think twice before buying.

The plans ill post later on layout planning.

If you want to avoid paying customs, some Europeans are selling Japanese trains on ebay. Not a massive amount, but there are a few good deals.

The forum also has a classifieds section where members can propose their unwanted sets. Access is restricted to non new members. It needs a few posts or weeks to unlock.

Welcome 251, glad you found us!

sorry to hear the duties end up so high for you, that does hurt to do your hobby. Lurk European ebay’s, I still find a few good priced finds here on ebay in the us, just have to do the daily search or have ebay send you search result emails.

the classifieds here on the forum will open up to new members to view after 10 succesful posts and that will let you then buy from folks selling in the classifieds. After 50 successful posts you can then post to the classifieds to sell trains. This may be a way to get stuff from other members in Europe and reduce your customs costs. We have a pretty steady sales there between members. We also have a wanted classified forum where you cna post things you are looking for and perhaps some cash waving in the air might convince someone they can let go of something they many Not be so attached to and give it a new home!

keep us posted on your endeavors. Hope you enjoy the forum.

cheers

jeff

• Like 1

Hi cteno

I've been searching on ebay for a while and already found some good deals, i just have to lurk a bit like you and disturbman said thank you to you both.