The Introduction Thread...

Darren Jeffries

Hello guys!

I am new here.

Just a spaniard interested in japanese rails.

Please be gentle!

I only have several b train shorty kits, and single ones. No rails or electronics.

• Like 8
On 6/14/2022 at 2:44 AM, Shinjinkun said:

Hello guys!

I am new here.

Just a spaniard interested in japanese rails.

Please be gentle!

I only have several b train shorty kits, and single ones. No rails or electronics.

¡Bienvenido! ¡Otro al club!

• Like 1
On 7/16/2022 at 11:57 PM, Dani said:

Welcome @Shinjinkun!!!

One more spaniard here. Are you from Barcelona region also?

No, Alicante here. Please treat me well. 😄

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

We don't care where you're from, as long as you like steam locomotives ...

... You do like steam locomotives ... Right? ... RIGHT? 

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning. Newbie here and probably posting this in completely the wrong area but hey....

I'm me, been playing with trains for many, many decades. Ex-kiwi living in Aus, with a bit of a collection of the giant prewar standard/wide gauge, a bit of a DCC HO switching layout based on NZ practice, another bit of an HO switching layout where I basically just run older US HO equipment (50 or 60 years old that kind of thing...), masses of old and new German TT, did have a substantial 3 rail dublo layout, but sold due to the big move overseas, but presumably of most interest is my current interest in the Kato Rhb models. Then more of them. Then buying more and more and tomix fine track, then tomix models and it's all going maaaaaad.

Plans for a layout, plans for plenty of layouts. In plenty of gauges. Keeps me off the streets anyway...

Had Z as well. And S. And 0. G. HOm... looking at this I'm starting to understand my wife's frustration...

• Like 5

Welcome Muir, glad you found us. There are a few folks here with keen RhB interests and a couple of layouts discussed based on them. Search RhB and a lot should come up! Maybe we will get you interested in Japanese trains and really drive your wife nutz and she will hate us!

keep us posted on the layout.

this is spot on place to introduce yourself!

cheers

jeff

• Thanks 1

Greetings from sunny Australia (it's currently cold, wet and windy!). I've been lurking on the site for some time and have learned a lot. There are some very knowledgeable and accomplished members here. I have dabbled in model railways since forever, but now that I have given up on working and moved back to rural Victoria I have the time and space to start building a permanent layout (as opposed to simply setting up a loop on the boardroom table while the boss was away). I have lived and worked overseas for many years, mostly in Hong Kong and Tokyo, and have collected quite a lot of N scale kit, a mix of German - Fleischmann & MiniTrix, and Japanese - Kato, so I may end up with two layouts...

I worked in electronics, so I dabble a lot with DCC and automation, mostly with my German stuff as none of my Kato locos are DCC equiped (or even capable), but with the development of the DCC-EX application I can see myself running DC automation very soon.

And yes, I do like steam.

• Like 5

Dotzen,

glad you found us and find the forum useful! Please jump in where ever you want, you’ve seen it’s a pretty mellow place here. Love to see what you start planning. Always can now just set up some tables to throw some track on and start messing with ideas for the layout(s). Keep us posted, always interesting to see things evolve.

you can always string he layout across continents! One of our club member’s has a large layout in the shape of a G that goes from Zurich to Philadelphia to Kyoto! 

cheers

jeff

12 hours ago, dotzen said:

Greetings from sunny Australia (it's currently cold, wet and windy!). I've been lurking on the site for some time and have learned a lot. There are some very knowledgeable and accomplished members here. I have dabbled in model railways since forever, but now that I have given up on working and moved back to rural Victoria I have the time and space to start building a permanent layout (as opposed to simply setting up a loop on the boardroom table while the boss was away). I have lived and worked overseas for many years, mostly in Hong Kong and Tokyo, and have collected quite a lot of N scale kit, a mix of German - Fleischmann & MiniTrix, and Japanese - Kato, so I may end up with two layouts...

I worked in electronics, so I dabble a lot with DCC and automation, mostly with my German stuff as none of my Kato locos are DCC equiped (or even capable), but with the development of the DCC-EX application I can see myself running DC automation very soon.

And yes, I do like steam.

Welcome Dotzen  from another Aussie north of the border.

Glad to see you are a sensible fellow that likes steam!  Japanese N scale SLs are many and varied and seem to be getting better just look at the latest Kato releases.

Graeme

• Like 1

Welcome Ascor,

glad you found us. A number of folks here doing unitram you will find a number of topics on it and folks projects. Please ask questions.

cheers

jeff

7 hours ago, inocencia4 said:

Hello everyone, how are you doing?

Hello and good day, doing fine! Welcome aboard!

Cheers, enjoy your stay!