The Introduction Thread...

Darren Jeffries

Welcome.

Why not? Except for their out-of-scale early steams, they are normally perfectly fine. Did you buy a lemon?

Edited by disturbman
5 minutes ago, disturbman said:

Welcome.

Why not? Except for their out-of-scale early steams, they are normally perfectly fine. Did you buy a lemon?

It can stall on point frogs at low speed, but otherwise a lovely runner.

Welcome Barry, glad you found us. Many of us live in fantasy so no worries. 

which microace loco is having troubles? Have you checked the wheel gauges? Sometimes a wheel out of gauge will cause frog issues. More info on what’s going on and maybe someone can help with a solution.

cheers

jeff

Hello my JNS friends,great to be allowed to join here,Im going to be building a N gauge layout,which will be basically Kato unitrack and accessories,im going to go dcc with I think Digikeijs and later on I hope to add automation to it,the layout size will be quite small 3ft 6 inches by 4 feet 8 inches.

About myself,my name is Marty,I am 69yrs old and reside in bonnie Scotland.

Im really looking forward to building this it will be a bit of every thing scenic passenger route and indusrries associated a small fishing hamlet and a lumber are and small station/village meeting place and maybe a livestock market.

• Like 9
58 minutes ago, Pixie1 said:

Hello my JNS friends,great to be allowed to join here,Im going to be building a N gauge layout,which will be basically Kato unitrack and accessories,im going to go dcc with I think Digikeijs and later on I hope to add automation to it,the layout size will be quite small 3ft 6 inches by 4 feet 8 inches.

Welcome to the forum. I am also building a small layout, DCC with (mostly) Kato rolling stock, a Z21 and Digikeijs feedback modules.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Madsing said:

Welcome to the forum. I am also building a small layout, DCC with (mostly) Kato rolling stock, a Z21 and Digikeijs feedback modules.

Looks like your one will be much more electronics than mine but i will just add as I  progress and great you have similar ideas to me Madsing 

• Like 1

Hello everybody!

Railfan from Korea here :)

Since I've visited Japan few years ago I fell in love with trains there as well, so I'm looking forward to learn more about Japanese trains and modelling :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Welcome ptr, glad you found us. Yes Japanese trains are addictive, so much to choose from and they are everywhere so modeling is very wide open to your imagination!

cheers,

jeff

• Like 1

Hi folks, I'm Lisa from Brisbane Australia, and I only stumbled across this place a few days ago.

A little about me: We suspect my dad kept having more kids till he found one that liked trains, hence I'm the youngest of three. So I grew up around model railways, and then dad built a 3½" gauge line in the back yard and so I learnt to drive a steam loco at five years old. I've dabbled in several model scales, and have built and rebuilt live steam loco's in scales ranging from 0 to ⅓ size. Modelled British outline P4 gauge for several years before losing track of the hobby due to work and such. Japanese railways first caught my eye through some videos of C56 160 on youtube, which I'd like to build a 3½" gauge model of some day. A few driver's eye view videos also got me interested in Japan's diesel multiple units, so I've a medium-term plan to build an N gauge layout that combines steam loco's and diesel units.

For now, there's a Tomix KiHa 35 two-car set winding its way through the mail to me.

• Like 14

Welcome aboard, Lisa!

3 hours ago, Tick said:

there's a Tomix KiHa 35 two-car set winding its way through the mail to me.

Nice, I'm requesting pictures once you receive it.

• Like 2
twistrackson5

Hello all!

Long time lurker.  Finally have some time to enjoy trains (and some buses too).  Been fascinated with urban transit for many moons.  Although never visited Japan yet, have found their variety in rail transit to be stunning.  A bit of background:  Introduced to buses and trains since age 3ish.  San Francisco, Bay Area, and beyond rich in transit history.  Focus on n-scale due to size and increasing degrees of variety, quality, and systems represented.  Current goals to enjoy as a static display with some occasional 9 volt battery powered test track.  Fantasy/Freelance holding company with focus on California and on selected Japanese equipment which piqued my interests. That's all for now.  Thanks for reading.

• Like 13
9 hours ago, Tick said:

For now, there's a Tomix KiHa 35 two-car set winding its way through the mail to me.

Welcome!

Hmm, Kiha ❤️

Yes, we do expect photos.
: 3

• Like 1

Welcome Tick, glad you found us! Love to see pictures of your dad’s 3 1/2” gauge and you playing engineer! Sounds like a fun childhood.

cheers,

jeff

Welcome twistrackson5, glad you found us. I grew up in Oakland and grad school at Berlekey, miss the Bay Area!

Sounds like you’re getting hooked, next will be a loop of track. Japanese trains lend themselves to a fantasy layouts, they are far out to begin with.

cheers,

jeff

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Welcome Tick, glad you found us! Love to see pictures of your dad’s 3 1/2” gauge and you playing engineer! Sounds like a fun childhood.

cheers,

jeff

Here's 5yo me driving dad's first steam loco in the backyard; a 3½" gauge Queensland Railways B12 class.

me-5-b12.jpg

• Like 8