The Introduction Thread...

Darren Jeffries

The Birmingham train spotter

Thank you everyone for the Kind and Polite Words.The Forums are a lovely place!

• Like 1

I would like to introduce myself after all these years here in the forum 😄

My name is Patrick, I'm 30 years old and I come from Germany (Bavaria). My hobbies are horses (2 Shettland ponies,  1 Welsh Mountain and an Oldenburger), Warhammer and model trains (N Japan, TT German and H0 Scandinavia). by the Way, the Japanese taking up the most space 😇

• Like 4

Welcome again Patrick! Been great seeing your modules and the ig Nippon setups over the years! Great to see you back here, it’s wonderful to see large scale japanese layouts! 

cheers,

jeff

• Like 1

Hello! I got into Japanese trains about a year ago, and I got into model trains as a whole a year or two before that. I’ve actually been reading this forum for a couple months, but I only got an account just now.

I got into model trains after going to my local club a few times. I got a Broadway limited loco for Christmas 3 years ago (I can now appreciate how expensive this must have been), a CSX livery GE AC6000. After discovering Japanese trains, I saved up for a Hachiko/Kawagoe line 205-3000 series.

My favorite lines (based entirely on what rolling stock I like) are the JR Hachiko/Kawagoe lines, JR Nambu line, JR Joban line, the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho line, Toei Shinjuku line, and the Sotetsu lines.

I also like Legos and Gundam models, but I haven’t been building much recently and there’s apparently somewhat of a Gundam shortage in the U.S. right now, so not much I can do. I also like playing video games(creative ones like Minecraft).

hope to see you on the forum!

• Like 4

Hi everyone. I'm Pete, based in Manchester UK. I have been pottering about on the B Train topic for a few months now and though it only polite to introduce myself finally!

I was into model railways as a child/teen - Hornby OO of course, based in the UK, but the lure of N gauge was always present! During the lockdown, and inspired by my son getting his first train set, I decided to create a N gauge layout in the corner of my music synthesizer studio room (another expensive hobby!).

After trying out a few purchases on eBay I discovered that Kato models and Unitrack were far more user friendly and straightforward than the competing second hand UK manufactured models I had acquired and there began the obsession with Japanese track and rolling stock! 

Since then I've developed a collection of B Train Shorties, some Tomix units in addition to my Kato bits.

I run a completely unprototypical railway geographically based on a mix between Britain's Peak District and Japan, with Japanese rolling stock. Because I can.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/faikdale_n_scale/

YouTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCrXKbC6cM2zD0lJGiiymv1A

• Like 7

Hi Pete, welcome. Nice to see that the Shorties flame is still burning.

Don’t hesitate to create a thread about your layout. Or post picture of our Shorties.

• Thanks 1

Hi Pete, welcome to the forum! Glad you found us and Unitrak and btrains. Looks like a very fun little layout perfect for btrains. Really fun what you can do a small space with btrains. Keep us posted and start a topic on your layout, love to see and hear more of your layout and process.

cheers

jeff

• Like 1

Hi Brennan,

glad you found the hobby, Japanese trains, and the forum! Have you taken any of your Japanese trains into your local club to run them? Maybe you will find a few others with some interest in Japanese trains or plant a seed or two! Looking forward to seeing more of you around the forum.

cheers

jeff

11 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Hi Brennan,

glad you found the hobby, Japanese trains, and the forum! Have you taken any of your Japanese trains into your local club to run them? Maybe you will find a few others with some interest in Japanese trains or plant a seed or two! Looking forward to seeing more of you around the forum.

cheers

jeff

Hey Jeff. I really do want to take them to my club, but I keep forgetting/waiting for their programmed operation night. Also I only just put a decoder in my train a week or two ago, so hopefully that should work on their layout.

It will be fun to hear the response! Many us modelers have not see the quality and uniqueness of Japanese unit train sets. Does the club do any Ntrak or Ttrak? If so that’s another way to do some Japanese trains with others and let’s folks dabble a little bit.

cheers,

jeff

5 hours ago, cteno4 said:

It will be fun to hear the response! Many us modelers have not see the quality and uniqueness of Japanese unit train sets. Does the club do any Ntrak or Ttrak? If so that’s another way to do some Japanese trains with others and let’s folks dabble a little bit.

cheers,

jeff

They do actually have a big N trak traveling layout, And while I’m not a member they’d probably let me run my 205 series if I asked.

Can’t hurt to ask as you may have another closet local Japanese train fan pop out or inspire someone there! 

might ask about Ttrak, many ntrak clubs have a side group now doing Ttrak, many times separately.

jeff

On 8/14/2021 at 9:26 PM, cteno4 said:

Can’t hurt to ask as you may have another closet local Japanese train fan pop out or inspire someone there! 

might ask about Ttrak, many ntrak clubs have a side group now doing Ttrak, many times separately.

jeff

I actually found out at a recent train show that I went o see them for that one of the members has an N700 Shinkansen. I haven’t been since, but I’ve been meaning to ask if it’s a tomix/kato/etc.

Im not sure about T-Trak, but I don’t think so.

Edited by Brennan91

That’s how it starts! Check on the Ttrak, sometimes it’s just a little side group or they may know if there are a few around the area doing Ttrak.

jeff

Hi! I've been following this forum for a while and just recently created an account.
I'm a student currently living in Tokyo, and I travel by train every few months, so I'll probably post some pictures of trains and scenery.

I also collect Belgian military items (mainly WW2). Maybe you will see me in Asakusa.
Finally, English is not my first language, so I may not be able to communicate well.

See you on the forum!👍

• Like 4

Welcome Ice Cream, glad you found us. Sounds like fun studying in Tokyo. Please do share your photos, always great to see japan thru more eyes and fins more details to possibly model. Have you been bitten by the model train bug yet? You are in the biggest density of modelers in the world there!

no worries your English is fine, most of the forum is made up of folks with English as a second language and many express themselves better Thant us English as first or only language! We don’t worry about that here.

cheers

jeff

• Like 1
seventhskyline

Hi, my name is Mark, I live in Tasmania and I've been inspired to finally do something with the B-Train packs which my partner brought back from Japan for me some years ago. This seems to be the right place! I have a background interest in HO model railways, as well as general scale modelling in 1/24 and 1/35. I'm also a little obsessed with late Shōwa-era cars and trucks.

• Like 7

Hello, just registered here after weeks of browsing. I have a fantasy layout of a BR heritage line. After many failures of Farish locos I've been buying both German and Japanese! So, please excuse my lack of realism but I'm loving Kato locos. Not so much love for microace though.

20211011_182817.jpg

• Like 3