The Introduction Thread...

Darren Jeffries

Hi Nicolà! Welcome to the world of Japanese model trains! Hope to see pictures of your layout and your collection soon!  🙂

Hello all,

My name is Marc, I was born in Europe but moved to Asia for work 20 years ago. I often travel to Japan and started building an n-gauge Japanese-style layout almost 4 years ago. I registered on this forum a few years back but never posted anything. I also started a blog about my layout at this address https://shin-yukari.weebly.com, mostly to show my family back in Europe what I am doing! Several members mentioned this blog last week in the Inspirational Scenery & Layouts thread. I am electronic engineer and also like to play with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, LEDs (a lot) and LCD displays (I put six of them in the main station building).

These are up-to-date photos of the layout. I'll try to post more in the future!

IMG_8239.jpg

IMG_8241.jpg

IMG_8240.jpg

IMG_8238.jpg

• Like 8

Welcome Marc!

folks have been oogling your layout recently and very curious on your various lighting bits and led screen displays, I’m sure they will have a lot of questions! It’s a wonderful layout and love the work you have done to light things via many leds low instead of a single mini sun!

looking forward to hearing more! 

Cheers,

jeff

Thank you very much.

I am preparing a couple of posts to describe the LED controller and the small LCDs used in the station. Where should I post them?

Marc

Hi Marc! Welcome to the forum! Lovely work there on your blog! Very happy to see you here in the forums! Your LED displays are certainly very interesting and your Uniqlo store just gave me many fantastic ideas! Thanks for sharing! Have fun here! Cheers!

Nice to meet you!

I registerd to this forum yesterday.  Though I had posted one aritcle, I found the status of "Inactive Members" in my profile.
Please let me know what should I do change my status status from "Inactive Members" to "New Members (?)".

Regards,

tachikawa

• Like 2
Martijn Meerts
6 minutes ago, tachikawa said:

Nice to meet you!

I registerd to this forum yesterday.  Though I had posted one aritcle, I found the status of "Inactive Members" in my profile.
Please let me know what should I do change my status status from "Inactive Members" to "New Members (?)".

Regards,

tachikawa

Hi!

Not sure why your status was set to inactive member, but I just changed it to new member.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Martijn Meerts said:

Not sure why your status was set to inactive member, but I just changed it to new member. 

Hi, Martijn Meerts-san.

Thank you for quickly your  kindness!

I confirmed a change of my status.

Sorry about that, an old rule apparently went wonky in the forum software and was sort of randomly moving new members to inactive when it should not have. The rule was there when we use to get a lot of spam accounts in an earlier version of the forum software (not as good at filtering out spammers) and we were left with a lot of zombie accounts (which we no longer have building up). But unfortunately something went off on it and it’s now turned off and all the new members who were switched to inactive members are now back to new members.

sorry for the trouble and and thanks for bringing this to our attention!

jeff

• Like 1
On 6/12/2019 at 4:25 AM, cteno4 said:

sorry for the trouble and and thanks for bringing this to our attention!

On 6/12/2019 at 10:57 AM, miyakoji said:

Hi tachikawa, welcome to the forum!

On 6/12/2019 at 12:38 PM, railsquid said:

Hi @tachikawa greetings from near Mitaka 🙂

On 6/19/2019 at 2:57 AM, chadbag said:

Welcome to Madsing and tachikawa !!

On 6/19/2019 at 6:21 AM, Sascha said:

Welcome to the forum tachikawa,!!!

Thank you many welcome message to me!

Maybe we happened pass by each other at neighborhood? > railsquid-san

• Like 1

Hi Tachikawa,

also from me a warm welcome. Half of my family (my wife's part) lives in Hachioji, by the way...

Cheers from southern Germany,

Martin

Shinkansen54

Hello all,

I'm an ex pat from the UK now leaving in U.S.

I have just started building my first layout. I am most interested in modern era Japanese trains with a soft spot for anything steam.

I have Code 80 track and one train, I literally just pinned some track down last night to see if I needed more (I do - just a few)

I am yet to but my turnouts and DCC controller but they are in the works.

My plan is to have an older style area at the foot of a mountain, moving into a modern city and then into an industrial area on a 4ft x 9ft table.

Big plans for a first layout but I am sure with the help of some of the expertise on display here I will be fine.

Arigato!!

• Like 5
Shinkansen54

Thanks all.

Would that be Sheffie originally from Sheffield or am I reading too much into that 🙂

Just wanted to add that I have some pics of my layout beginnings on my Instagram page @ Gambit54

I will try and post them in a thread here too.

Thanks again for the welcome everyone.