The Introduction Thread...

Darren Jeffries

this is about the 3rd or 4th iteration.  Never quite got the track laying to my satisfaction or made some changes. Almost at the stage to glue the tracks down and get on with backscene and buildings.   4 years now and I was going to be finished in a year.

rogerfarnworth

Hello

Greetings from Ashton-under-Lyne.

I live in the UK. I model in N Gauge and have an eclectic interest in railways worldwide. I hope to share some of these interests in this forum.

Roger

• Like 3

Hello All,

I am nscaler711, I have been floating around various model rring forums for years, so may know me from those...

This is my first foray into modeling anything Japanese, so I am here to learn and maybe overstay my welcome through asking too many questions... :toothy12: 

also... I can blame my interest in Japanese trains due to a certain anime... 

• Like 2

Welcome 711!  Lots of good knowledge here, so ask away!  Also just reading the forum will answer a lot of questions you didn't even know you had. 

-Sam

• Like 1
8 hours ago, nscaler711 said:

also... I can blame my interest in Japanese trains due to a certain anime... 

Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion??

Welcome 🙂

15 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion??

Welcome 🙂

Lol no, may check it out though.

It's on my EF81 thread. 😂

• Like 2

Hi I have just found you trying to find out about T Scale Trams.

My thing is G Scale Garden Railways, would be very surprised if there are not a few who know me on G Zcentral here as well. But I have Kato Trams and am very interested in the T Tram option, sadly net research thus far is bringing up blanks.

But my knowledge and ability to use of SQL is poor despite being in the IT Industry for decades! My mind just does not work that way, but I can destroy software in monents which is why I made an Evil Systems Tester.

nice to be on board.

jonD

Jon,

welcome, glad you found us. Love to see some of your garden stuff. Dream of mine has always been a 700 series Shinkansen in g scale racing around the back yard!

Do you mean T scale/gauge or TTRAK when you say T Tram? Never heard of a T Tram moniker. the TTRAK modular system was named T for trams and trollies which it was initially designed for. Kato also has a n scale street tram sectional track system called Unitram. 

Cheers,

jeff

Hi Jon,

Welcome to the hobby! We are a group of Japanese Rail enthusiasts, feel free to browse around and ask questions, the folks here are very knowledgeable and kind to share! 

14 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Jon,

welcome, glad you found us. Love to see some of your garden stuff. Dream of mine has always been a 700 series Shinkansen in g scale racing around the back yard!

Do you mean T scale/gauge or TTRAK when you say T Tram? Never heard of a T Tram moniker. the TTRAK modular system was named T for trams and trollies which it was initially designed for. Kato also has a n scale street tram sectional track system called Unitram. 

Cheers,

jeff

Hi Jeff, I found a

link showing T Trams as in Three Mill Track Gauge size. So that was what interested me, though I doubt running ability would be satisfying for ne.

as for my Garden Line lots of youtube vids, look at Dunnyrail or Dunnybahn. Plenty to go at though the older dated ones prior to 2013 are my previous line.

jonD

Jon,

ok those were a couple of prototypes done many years back by mr hirari, owner of Eishindo who makes t gauge (3mm). Unfortunately those never went into production AFAIK. T gauge/scale is still going but it’s limited. https://www.tgauge.com/ is the main source for t gauge these days.

t gauge is challenging as it’s so small there is not enough weight to get traction, so they use steel rails and magnetic wheels to set up enough traction to run. They have been nicely refined over the years with custom made motors and run better with each iteration. But being so tiny they do tend to pick up more schmutz and requiring more cleaning than larger gauges. We gave up running them for long periods at shows as they required cleaning about every 6-10 hours of running. But you can pack anhuge amount into a tiny space!

cheers

jeff

10 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Welcome guy, glad you joined us. What are you’re interests?

cheers

jeff

Big Shinkansen fan. I’ve actually sold the majority of my collection however. Moved from a house (with a big attic space for a layout) to a flat for work, so I’ve had to downsize.

First saw a 500 Nozomi at a train show in the UK years ago and was mesmerised by this huge 16 car train wizzing around.

So just a fan from afar while keeping on to a few treasures for when my home situation changes.

Guy

Hi Guy! Welcome! 

Yeah the 500 series is also the train that did it for me... till now, I still have special sentiments for that train... It excites me further to see EVA and Hello Kitty versions of them, and needless to say, I need to get both of them in models! It also pains me to see the 500 series facing the axe soon... 

How about you? I bet you surely have a full 16-car consist of the 500 series in your roster!  😛

2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Hi Guy! Welcome! 

Yeah the 500 series is also the train that did it for me... till now, I still have special sentiments for that train... It excites me further to see EVA and Hello Kitty versions of them, and needless to say, I need to get both of them in models! It also pains me to see the 500 series facing the axe soon... 

How about you? I bet you surely have a full 16-car consist of the 500 series in your roster!  😛

Haha of course I do! Full 16 car Kato, brand new, never run in but I’ve fitting light bars so it’s sitting in the (one day pile).

only other trains I’ll probably keep are my 281 Haruka, 651-1000 Akagi, and I’m umming and ahhhing over picking up a TGV Reseau. Always gutted I missed out on an old TGV La Ling whatever it’s called. And the fact this one is dcc ready and a full 10 car...win win. Was thinking about swapping a euromed for one as I’m not fussed on the euromed, but we’ll see.

and if Kato release a protycially correct (shakes head sternly at the Kato EVA) 8 car, or 700 hikari rail star, I’ll grab those as well.

but for now, I’ll sit back and not spend for a long time haha.

Edited by GCS
4 hours ago, GCS said:

Big Shinkansen fan. I’ve actually sold the majority of my collection however. Moved from a house (with a big attic space for a layout) to a flat for work, so I’ve had to downsize.

Bummer. Do you have a pile of sectional track you can make a long dogbone on the floor to run a bit now and then? Any clubs in the area? I must admit I’ve not had a Shinkansen track up at home for quite a while except the club layout when set up here.

cheers

jeff

Sadly I sold all my track. I might try pick up a V13 set at some point.

youre post has given me inspiration not to give up though.

thanks! 😀