JR Hokkaido 737 Series - entering service on May 20, 2023

miyakoji

The interesting looking 737 Series will enter service on May 20, 2023 on the Muroran Line between Tomakomai and Muroran.  Hokkaido rolling stock often has a unique appearance I think, I assume it's considerations for the climate.  This model's body is apparently painted, not a wrap.  It's a very light pink, not white.  My only criticism is that the configuration of the crew compartment doesn't look conducive to making front view videos 🙂                  😐                         ☹️

from JR Hokkaido's official YouTube channel

• Like 6
Tony Galiani

Interesting color choice.  Wonder why the light pink?  The green and yellow seem to follow on from the H100 so I guess that is part of JR Hokkaido's new color scheme.

Ciao,

Tony

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn
12 hours ago, Tony Galiani said:

Interesting color choice.  Wonder why the light pink?  The green and yellow seem to follow on from the H100 so I guess that is part of JR Hokkaido's new color scheme.

Ciao,

Tony

The primary workaday task of these units is to transport people during the AM and PM rush hours, so in order to give a bright, positive and youthful image, the light pink (sakurairo) color was selected, apparently.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
bikkuri bahn

My only criticism is that the configuration of the crew compartment doesn't look conducive to making front view videos

Yeah, DOO configuration is never good for front views, and in general JR Hokkaido stock (and JNR) has never been good in this regard thanks to use of vestibules  (in older stock) and the general use of rolling stock on both longer distance (with associated more generous crew space/equipment storage) and commute routes.

• Like 3