kato dx platform's

Jimbo

well all ive destroyed my old platform trying to modify it! oh my fault, so i purchased  a new dx platform, an lighting kit,an the square off end platform extension's only needed one, for the dx series, much to my disappointment they dont line up or fit right,[side to side or up an down} but the curved one does?? the curved ones came standard, to top it off the overhead lighting only worked on one platform!   an only the below floor worked on the other?? found no power to the upper, ok well lets think this out, complain an send it back to Japan or be creative??  well i got creative!! got out the Dremel with a cut off wheel trimmed the ends of upper rails {trimmed the structure}  an used  rail connectors  between the two, an crossed my fingers an turned on the power, an everything worked! once the roof panels are on you would never know! im also disappointed that kato sells the stores for the platforms but they have no provision for lighting!! what the heck??    Oh well i guess thats why its called "model" railroading!    eather mine missed qc or theres an issue with Katos dx station platforms?? i may just glue the end platform on an be done with it?? 

The dx platforms have brass strips thar run up inside of the middle support.  They are quite finicky in my experience.  If yours works, I wouldn't bother trying to correct it, but if others find this thread they can try either way.  Or what I will probably do is solder wire inside the support between the upper and lower rails.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, EdF said:

Or what I will probably do is solder wire inside the support between the upper and lower rails.

Standing before this decision. I have several DX Platforms I want to put together (15 total, 3 rows of 5) and 4 at least seem to not carry power to the top, somehow the brass strip makes no connection. I will consider this as well.

• Like 1