Does someone out there own a Mo510 from Modemo?

Vossibear

Hello,

I am new to these group of fora and I'm thus not so familiar with what people in here like or have in their respective roster. As already mentioned in my starting post in the introduction section my interest in japanese model railways startet with the purchase of a Meitetsu Mo510 but in ho scale (the Tomix model) Ho-602). To date Tomix released three batches of these iconic interurbans that were in service until 2005. They first came in their last appearance in the modified express color, then in one-tone scarlet (Ho-604) and at last in the simplified express livery Ho-608). Since my first purchase I tried to get some more and found them on the second hand market; those on ebay often are unreasonable pricey, but I found a scarlet one at hattons in the uk som years ago and now, as I found out how buyee works, I try to get some more, also one in the last issued variant. Alas Tomix never added any of the colorful adverts these car wore over the years. Instead the modemo n-gauge models came with an arc of adverts to cut out and mount yourself after personal interest.

In the last months I tried to find some photos from the prototypes on the internet that are sharp enough to reproduce them in a graphical program (I like to work in corel draw). But to no avail. Now I thought there might perhaps be som helpful soul out there that owns a modemo car and would make me a high quality scan of the arc provided by modemo so I could print these adverts out in ho gauge to fit these to my vehicles. Certainly I would be pleased to show the results...

I hope it is ok for a first entry already to have such a time craving wish.

Please forgive my bad english, I've last practised seriously on the university (what was about 20 or so years ago...)

Cheers

Gerhard.

• Like 2

Best of luck with that request. Don't feel bad, this is exactly what a community is about, so dont worry that you asked. I got helped a lot here too!

Cheers

Hello Bill,

thank you very much! I indeed had already found this site some years ago but did not remember there were those closeups. Alas som of them are not really usable as some have a rather poor quality, for example this one here: http://www.agui.net/met/met510-14h.jpg

I now discovered another source for the ads: http://kokuden101.sakura.ne.jp/wp/?p=6419

Yo can download a 3d model with ads there and by extracting the picture files i managed to print out the ads in 1/80 scale. I indeed added one of the clouseups and it comes out quite well. Nevertheless I would be glad to receive a scan som mentioned above as on the sheet provided by modemo are also older adverts included that fit better to the one tone scarlet cars.

Cheers

Gerhard.