I'm really enjoying the Tetsudo: The Project and the Tetsudo: The Last Run DVD magazines

52796312816_344bf87fa3_b.thumb.jpg.f12e911ed4d4fddee726c12ed9aa3617.jpg

While YouTube is a great source to watch many videos on Japanese trains, I have been interested in these documentaries that have aired on BS FUJI.  I know that they release the Tetsudo Blu-ray editions which are quite costly.

But I started to look into the DeAgostini releases of "Tetsudo: The Project" and "Tetsudo: The Last Run" and I really enjoyed them.

While "Tetsudo: The Project" is more like a documentary, "Tetsudo: The Last Run" is more archival footage run with music up to the point of their sayonara events, which I very much prefer.

They come in cardboard sleeves inside a 6-page magazine.  The magazine is just history in text format but everything is pretty much on the DVD.  The first issue is cheap and it was quite short (maybe 40 min. worth of the Tokaido Project to make a Shinkansen), while the "The Last Run" issue 31 was actually quite long and featured the various 7000 TokyoDen Trams. 

I decided to order more, because there are trains that I really like.  They tend to go for Y1200 on Amazon JP for "The Last Run", while "The Project" is around Y1600 (the first issue was like Y450), so I tend to add them (or a KATO clear case) whenever I order.

Edited by kndy