Kato Kiha 58 / Aso1962

Skasaha

I got unlucky with a model I just bought. My best guess is that there's a part missing, what would hold the bogie on and let it rotate, but I've never taken any of these apart.

The bogie just fell loose immediately when I picked it up out of the package, before I could even attempt to put it on some track.

If anyone is able to identify what part (if any) is missing or help me repair this that'd be great. If it's an easy fix I'd rather not bother the store.

1409875338_pic5.thumb.jpg.129f0749bc3a80cc59197dc79cec51d9.jpg392307705_pic6.thumb.jpg.a33cb633a60ac5f0eccf91c967bada9f.jpg1403825604_pic4.thumb.jpg.edf6848b282aebf2e592bf2101b43c45.jpg1101630366_pic7.thumb.jpg.585be9ab63840ae3f571edf951493cf8.jpg

On first glance, nothing seems Missing. Just a boogie that came loose. The tabs on the boogie go into the cuts that you see shine through behind the copperband. These boogies are sometimes a tight squeeze and I more than once though if I push a little more these break, but they dont. Just put the first tab in at a small angle, then push the seconds down until it snaps in. Dont forget to put the axle in before oc.

If you need pictures I can mark yours later when Home, or someone else can provide more accurate description.

• Like 1

Need to insert the shaft inside its slot first, then the bogie. The slot is round and located inside the metal chassis. Just look at the other bogie.

• Like 1

Oh, thank you so much. I was hoping I was just dumb.

It was a little stiff when the bogie went first into place so perhaps that made it prone to being dislodged. I'm running it on a little loop now and it's going perfect.

• Like 2

Good job Shasaha! Always scary to pop your first bogie back in like this. Once you see how it works it’s a lot easier to deal with later. It’s a bit of a juggle getting the drive shaft into its socket joint on the motor shaft while getting the bogie tabs into the slots in the chassis. Bit of a twist and push but they then pop in and a few wiggles if it doesn’t turn freely usually gets the last bit popped into place. If when you run it it runs but not with much power or a whirring sound it may mean the drive shaft popped out of the socket joint and thus the bogie is not getting motive power and you’re running in one bogie only.

cheers,

jeff

• Like 2

Had to do the same while assembling my new Glacier on Tour Ge 4/4 III for a YouTube video I made recently. Hardest part is getting the driveshaft to engage properly before you click the bogie in.

• Like 1

It’s funny as some driveshafts just drop right in and some you need like 5 hands and 5 eyeballs to get it lined up and in while the bogie twists in place. 

jeff

• Like 1