European Proxy Buying Services?

cteno4

Anyone know of any good European proxy buying services to ship to the US? Apparently many German ebay sellers will no longer sell to the US. Sure it’s a combo of ebay, regulations and credit card reversals that’s causing this. 

Thanks

jeff

• Like 1

Credit card reversals do not matter, as payment is handled by EBAY. But a buyer could contest it if the parcel goes "missing", which it might do because of the extra shipping times to the U.S.. The other main reasons are:

- extra customs regulations for businesses (especially since the new business tax regulation went into effect for various states)

- cumbersome forms fill out for private people (no simple CN22 for example)

- less capacity to ship items to the U.S. with UPU (so very long shipping times), only reasonable shipping services is with premium, but that's super expensive and not worth the hassle

- extra fees to send something with UPU for businesses

Additionally, due to the new super strict tax restrictions of selling things on online marketplaces that went into effect on January 1, 2023, expect less offers from private people on european (and especially german) EBAY.

I used https://www.mailboxde.com/ once in 2019, to get around Cardmarket's region lock.

It was fine. The only distinguishing things I can think of are the payment system was kinda weird and it's also the only time I've ever had to do Australian GST paperwork myself for an import, proxy or not.

Edited by Skasaha
typo

Thanks, I’m trying to help out a chap on the old yahoo n scale list who had ordered from ebay.de a fair amount but recently most all the sellers dropped US shipping. Figured there may be a few folks here on our forums that have done some ordering from Germany to US. Sounding like it may be a lost cause with the big rise in shipping from Germany to us and other increasing hassles.

cheers,

jeff

10 hours ago, disturbman said:

I think @gavino200and @chadbagused some in the past, maybe they can help.

I've not actually used proxy buying for European trains.  I’ve just ordered directly from stores online or emailed with vendors to arrange and then paid with CC or PayPal. 

That's probably why ebay's been a pain for me currently, as I'm still tracking down bit's from Auhagen to build a structure, the one wall I'd built so far has now turned into four walls and a large gap that needs filling.