CaptOblivious

So you want to try Tomix FineTrack?

brill27mcb

If you mean that you want traffic lanes alongside the tram tracks in the roadway, then yes, you can use the Moving Bus road pieces to add lanes on either side. The curves and straights are made to be compatible. You're on your own if you want curbing and totally paved city blocks like Unitram has.

Rich K.

katoftw

If you want something like what Kato offers. Then no.

Clayton

Just got notification from the post office! It appears that the ship has already made it New Jersey awhile back and the container was unloaded. With that in this time my package was sent to the post office yesterday! I can't wait!!!! It has been a long time since late October whenever I ordered it!

Clayton

Does anyone know if the Tomix 5538 DC feeder connecter will work for any of the fine track? The listing only says wide rail and slab rail. The other opinion Tomix 5534 sticks out to the side too far and is in the way.

katoftw
18 minutes ago, Clayton said:

Does anyone know if the Tomix 5538 DC feeder connecter will work for any of the fine track? The listing only says wide rail and slab rail. The other opinion Tomix 5534 sticks out to the side too far and is in the way.

Most of the newer PC single track pieces also have a slot for that feeder. eg S280-PC / C371-45-PC

https://review.kakaku.com/review/S0000780658/ReviewCD=1196928/ImageID=446325/

Edited by katoftw
  • Thanks 1

katem

The 5538 feeder is really universal, too bad it's not marketed as compatible with ordinary PC FineTrack... The only place where they acknowledge the compatibility is a compatibility table on this TNOS page which is definitely something I would not have looked into to find this kind of information.

• Thanks 2

roadstar_na6

... I wish I had known this earlier 😄 but it‘s good to know, thanks folks.

• Like 1

katem

I ended up with a bunch of unused plug-in feeders as well 🙂 But they will come handy as well, for example on my latest layout design there is a C280-15 piece in a place where feeder is needed but unfortunately this little track piece is not compatible with the underside feeder.

So far only the very short pieces of tracks do not accept the underside feeder - S35, C243-15, C280-15 after looking into my collection. Some C317-15, C354-15, and C391-15 are on the way so I can add info about them later. Special track pieces sometimes do accept the underside feeder, sometimes don't, e.g. S140-RE has two places for the feeder, even the new S175-PT has one as well, whereas turnouts, buffer track, or S70 signal tracks do not have any. An interesting fact is that safety line PL-541-15-S140 does not accept the feeder, the underside looks just like the old, wooden ties S140, but the dummy S72.5 piece does accept the feeder even though the rails are plastic 🙂

Edited by katem
  • Like 1

disturbman

😱

Had not idea this existed. I need one (or more)

• Like 2

Clayton
9 hours ago, katem said:

The 5538 feeder is really universal, too bad it's not marketed as compatible with ordinary PC FineTrack... The only place where they acknowledge the compatibility is a compatibility table on this TNOS page which is definitely something I would not have looked into to find this kind of information.

I take your word on it. Even with google translate it didn't translate the comparison with the other feeder.

Clayton

Now I need to find a store that has 16 in stock. Yes, I am wanting all of the spur, yard & mainline track HOT! so I will not have issues with my DCC. Does any have any laying around that they would like to sell?

roadstar_na6

tbh if you‘re going DCC you‘d best be off with just soldering wires to the rails from below 😉

• Like 2

katem
46 minutes ago, Clayton said:

I take your word on it. Even with google translate it didn't translate the comparison with the other feeder.

It's an image - not sure why it's common to embed text into images in Japan 🤷‍♀️ For images I use either Yandex Translate OCR or Google Translate mobile app that can translate a camera video on the fly.

Screenshot_20210123-205424.thumb.png.af24214b4d8f26a6d253ddad1d9abe10.png