AsiaNrail layout as part of 2023 Trains and Planes exhibit

nscalestation

nscalestation

Hi everyone,

After a 3-1/2 year hiatus due to the pandemic, Paul (railtunes) and I will be setting up our AsiaNrail layout at the Hiller Aviation Museum as part of the 2023 edition of their "Trains and Planes" exhibit.  The dates are Wednesday, April 12th through Sunday, April 16th.

This Museum is located between the San Carols airport and US 101.   Check the museum's web site HERE for the hours and more details. Any interested locals, or anyone visiting our area is welcome to join us.

Edited by nscalestation
  • Like 2
serotta1972

My daughter got out of school early today so we went to see Paul @Railtunes and Brad @nscalestation set up the AsiaNrail modules.  It was so good to see these gentlemen and their awesome modules.  We were treated to a couple of new modules and features.  If you're in the Bay Area, make some time to come out and see the layout.  You can spend hours just looking at the details of the modules and all the different scenes that is difficult to capture in pictures.  And when you talk to Brad and Paul, there's a story behind all of them.  I hope to get out there at least once more.  

C9GFK9KOQNebI0bna8BMtQ.jpg

512E+P04Th2SaTXKYulsNA.jpg

%cPUnlx9Ru2FoR7uiCP82w.jpg

FGFuXx2jSEugS6pGlDixrw.jpg

JgKjNz0CS92wjOad0Akr4g.jpg

bEiYK5fmR56bZxq2ds5r0Q.jpg

pf8FgALjQe6JDbT%JslUyQ.jpg

Yoy4IAEzRAmG84w7S0Z4zA.jpg

o4T46zZpRSa1jkZkKbNwxg.jpg

• Like 3
nscalestation

Thank you Junior for some great views of the layout.  To anyone thinking of visiting the exhibit, it is work mentioning that there are also other layouts in several scales there as part of the exhibit.   The Hiller Aviation Museum itself is worth a visit, you could spend a whole day there. 

You know when my wife first showed me the web site on the Resort Shirakami and suggested we take that ride I was sure I had seen the Buna model before, now I know where.

• Like 2

Brad, 

glad you guys are still doing this event! Hope some day I can schedule a California trip to come by and see you all! Hi to Paul for me.

looking great!

cheers

jeff

• Like 1
nscalestation

A follow-up on the exhibit which ended yesterday (Sunday).   It was a very successful outing.  We were set up for 5 days and we ran everything we brought.  We kept the long double branch line busy with 3- 4 trains of up to 3 cars long.  I never did get my automated point to point system operational so did this running all manually.

Our longer trains ran on our loop and we had anywhere from 4 to 6 trains running there being switched out in the staging yard.  On Saturday we had one young guest operator bring his British steam era train but other that that it was Paul and I doing all the running.  5 days mostly on our feet.   We did have a friend helping us with the setup and tear down.

The layout ran well and mishaps were few.  One car of my Yufu train took a dive to the carpeted floor without suffering any lasting damage.  Paul had a sign get broken, and one of the deer on my highway module fell off during setup and by the time I saw it on the floor it had been stepped on multiple times.  It's now back on the module as road kill.

The event was extremely well attended.  The museum times this event with easter break week and has some other things going on such as an aviation camp and a runway 5K / 10 K run at the adjoining airport.   It would not be an exaggeration to say that thousands of people saw our layout over the 5 days.  At a museum admission fee of $19.00 for adults and $12.00 for children, it would appear that this event is a great fund raiser for the museum.

So here are some more photos.

2023HAMT&P11.jpg

2023HAMT&P1.jpg

2023HAMT&P2.jpg

2023HAMT&P14.jpg

2023HAMT&P9.jpg

2023HAMT&P10.jpg

2023HAMT&P6.jpg

Edited by nscalestation
  • Like 4