MicroACE EF510 A1160 defect !

Falcon

What can I do , one part to clip on is broken of the power bogie .  Where can I get this part, 😀 without to buy a new EF510 😃

Thanks Rainer

power bogie F510 .jpg

Microace spares are not readily available, even in Japan. This particular model was made in 2005 so the likelihood of finding a part would be difficult to unlikely, i’m afraid. 

You may need to either try to repair it or find a donor loco. 

Hard to see from the picture but where does the part in the left fit? Is it a cosmetic piece of does it hold some of the mechanism together?

Maybe someone made a replacement 3D piece. With a MA loco, and a loco that old, your best bet is to find a cheap donor loco on the second hand market. The ED76 I found for you were around 25€, it's not really expensive. If the EF510 uses the same parts as the ED76, your donor locomotives could help your service two broken locos.

I don't have much experience with MA locomotives, but their MU structure is more or less the same for every model and it's easy to source motor/running parts if necessary. Afaik, all the EF13, EF55, EF57 and similar EF58 designs use the same overall chassis. It could be the same for the more modern electrics.

Does the ED76 uses the same motor bogie design?

Thanks for infos!

The motor bogie from the ED 76 is not the same .

I think ,........ I have to check a  3D replacement for my small part for the EF510.

Thanks disturbman.........Rainer

Kamome ........yes ........this cosmetic part hold together the motor bogie of the chassis........Rainer

With a few hundred trains over 20 years here and I’ve had about the same level of issues with each of the major brands. I’ve observed the same experience with many more trains here with our train club. I’ve rarely needed spare parts and the few times I have needed them many of the time they were out of stock or out of production, so supplying parts does not really mean you can get them or get them easily.

microace certainly is not junk. They are right up there with the others and have done many trains others have never done that are wonderful. As with all the manufacturers there is a range in quality and detail across their lines but it’s a similar range as the others.

micro ace does have customer service in japan, they just don’t extend it outside of Japan. This is reasonable as they don’t have something like katousa. Tomix and greenmax really doesn’t do any customer service outside Japan either.

I know folks have a problem with a train now and the or are dissatisfied with something but that happens now and then and it’s more the big picture with numbers that needs to be looked at when making a judgement like this. Also the history of the item is important as many things out there are used and you never know what treatment they got before you.

jeff

• Like 3
On 4/18/2023 at 6:07 PM, cteno4 said:

microace certainly is not junk. They are right up there with the others and have done many trains others have never done that are wonderful. As with all the manufacturers there is a range in quality and detail across their lines but it’s a similar range as the others.

micro ace does have customer service in japan, they just don’t extend it outside of Japan. This is reasonable as they don’t have something like katousa. Tomix and greenmax really doesn’t do any customer service outside Japan either.

I'm quoting Jeff because I totally agree and this apparently needs repeating: there is nothing hit and miss about the quality of their models. They are on par with other manufacturers.

The present conversation is about a product that was produced in 2005. You will have about the same difficulty repairing any other models that age, be it Kato, Tomix or Greenmax. Kato only produce a small amount of spare parts.

MA does offer a repair service, but it's usually not worth sending our models back to a shop or an intermediary so they can send it back to MA for repair. Even more since MA requires a proof of buying, though I had heard this requirement had now been dropped. Afaik, they also provide a few spare parts that can be ordered directly from them, but the range is rather limited, like Tomix. At least they sell replacement motors for some of their products.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1