Anchor Videos Reissues Carson Home Video

bill937ca

Years ago before You Tube was common during the days of VHS tapes occasionally someone would come along with videos of Japanese trains and traction. One such source was Carson Home Video, videos made by a long time television industry broadcast engineer and traffic manager. Over the years I had purchased several of Ron's VHS videos. last time I contracted Ron Carson must have been 20 years ago and he wasn't well then.

Anchor Videos has acquired Ron Carson's masters and has issued a line of DVDs. This week my first purchase from Anchor Videos arrived. Most of these videos are American trolley videos with a few foreign traction videos.

https://store.train-video.com/frleofronca.html

There are two Japanese videos in the catalog from about the time of Nagano Olympics.   First is A Ride On The Meitetsu Mainline.     https://store.train-video.com/dt36.html

The other Japanese video is A Ride Through Takaoka  https://store.train-video.com/dt38.html

Both of these videos are cab ride videos.  The Meitetsu video is on a Panorama Car and goes from Gifu in the south and  north through Nagoya and on to Tokokawa. The Takaoka video is during the days of growling tram cars before modern light rail cars. It also is a cab ride.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2

Embarrassingly I was the a/v guy since 1st grade and I did reel to reel video tape at one point… what was your choice, Betamax or vhs?

jeff

Only time I came across Beta was when I was working in tv for a time. Everything I had was at home was VHS. I too, was born in another century!!!

Kylesheaff1

I hope these titles will be made on dvd soon by Carson home video since anchor videos has partnered up since January 4 months ago until now 

6030D388-90B4-4095-AFC3-32713D6C8A48.jpeg

04498447-33D3-48A4-BD4D-313854826857.jpeg

D3C6B7F2-BF2F-4A0B-BA5B-B326393F4724.jpeg

E53349D7-5F35-4581-84C9-A759D6604C7B.jpeg

Edited by Kylesheaff1
Kylesheaff1

I hope that some dvds can be made by Carson home video soon especially by septa are the trolleys of Philadelphia Rts 56 & 36, the norristown high speed line, and Media & Sharon Hill my favorite one especially since Ron Carson used to offer and I’ve should’ve got before he passed away in February 2015 8 years ago 

Kylesheaff1

The other titles that I was hoping to be made on dvd by Carson home video soon by philadelphia area transit are media & Sharon hill, the norristown high speed line, septa’s market Frankford subway elevated, and the trolleys of Philadelphia Rts 56 & 36.

IMG_6082.jpeg

IMG_6083.jpeg

IMG_6084.jpeg

IMG_6084.jpeg

IMG_6082.jpeg