Tickets to ride Doctor Yellow on Mar. 23/24 sell out

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

Paid visitors will be allowed to board the Shinkansen track-testing trains known as Doctor Yellow and East i this month as railway companies try to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.

It will be a rare treat for visitors considering that even the operation schedules for such trains are not normally disclosed to the public. Sightings of the trains are said to bring good luck.

Reflecting the popularity of the trains, tickets were immediately sold out.

JR Tokai will allow paid visitors to board Doctor Yellow on March 22 and 23.

Doctor Yellow will make one inbound journey and one outbound journey between Tokyo Station and Shin-Osaka Station on each day.

This will be the first time for Doctor Yellow to run with passengers since JR Tokai was created through the division and privatization of Japanese National Railways in 1987.

Full article:

https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14860082

• Like 1

Sold out in two minutes! Very typical special event response. I'm surprised they didn't have a lottery. 99 of 100 people missed out. Whew!!

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The article doesn't say anything about restrictions on recording video.  I certainly hope to enjoy this via YouTube.

While I'm thinking of it, I would like JR East to do more of those freight line tours on a 185 series.  We need a thread about obscure special services.

18 hours ago, bill937ca said:

Sold out in two minutes! Very typical special event response. I'm surprised they didn't have a lottery. 99 of 100 people missed out. Whew!!

Another Taylor swift concert!

jeff