JR Kyushu front view videos - Nippo Main Line and Nichinan Line

miyakoji

I don't recall seeing many JR Kyushu front view videos.  Here are two in the southeastern part of Kyushu.  Really great scenery.  JR Kyushu designates the two-car Umisachi Yamasachi as KIHA 125-400.  The cars were acquired from the defunct Takachiho Railway.

by 485JNR_NICHIRIN - Kagoshima-Chuo to Miyazaki on the Nippo Main Line.

by Arkibk Train Aki - Nango to Miyazaki on the Nichinan Line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umisachi_Yamasachi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takachiho_Railway

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting.  I've posted up a few Kyushu videos.  But they have gotten zero responses/reactions, so just gave up posting them years back.

Intersting in the Nichinan coastline video that the line is still pretty old school.  Trail through turnouts still in use.  No remotely controlled powered turnouts.

edit//  I think Aoshima was the first remote controlled turnouts I saw.

Edited by katoftw
Nick_Burman
On 3/7/2023 at 7:49 AM, katoftw said:

Thanks for posting.  I've posted up a few Kyushu videos.  But they have gotten zero responses/reactions, so just gave up posting them years back.

Intersting in the Nichinan coastline video that the line is still pretty old school.  Trail through turnouts still in use.  No remotely controlled powered turnouts.

edit//  I think Aoshima was the first remote controlled turnouts I saw.

There are quite a few Kyushu cab ride on YT, but these are mostly of lines in the Kitakyushu/Fukuoka/Chikugo areas. Not all that many vids of lines further south, though.

Spring switches are very much in use on secondary lines across Japan, especially those lines which use transponder-based signalling instead of track circuits.

Cheers Nicholas