New command station coming (from creator of DR5000) called YD7100

chadbag

So, it seems the engineer who made the DR5000 (and most all the DR4xxx and DR5xxx modules) parted ways with Digikeijs back in 2019, and Digikeijs has been selling and supporting them since.  I like my DR5000.   However, the guy who designed and engineered it has started a new company called YaMoRC (Yet another MOdel Railroad Company) and has developed a new command station called the YD7100.  It seems it is not yet released but is due by summer.  Looks to be a DR5000 on steroids.  There is a companion extension for it called YD7101 that adds more I/O options etc.

http://yamorc.de/products/?singleproduct=1239

http://yamorc.de/products/?singleproduct=1240

Will also be sold as a set.

The company has a few detector and other items already on the market, but unfortunately has no US representation yet.  There are outlets in various European countries that sell it.

Who will be the first to get one and try it out?   I plan on getting on but our house project takes first precedence...

• Like 3

I'm quite interested, currently the command station is not available it will be available later this quarter, I'll probably wait until this Christmas to get it as a gift, it looks promising.

I need to understand if it will be compatible with the Z21 app as it was the DR5000.

I have too changed house recently so budget is focused on it first and foremost, model trains will need to wait

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Melandir said:

I'm quite interested, currently the command station is not available it will be available later this quarter, I'll probably wait until this Christmas to get it as a gift, it looks promising.

I need to understand if it will be compatible with the Z21 app as it was the DR5000.

I have too changed house recently so budget is focused on it first and foremost, model trains will need to wait

From what I read it should be compatible with the Z21 app.  It is basically a super DR5000 (new development but by the same guy)

Hi 

karst.drenth.

Said you can use his up grade to make the DR5000 into a YaMoRC Command Station.

Iron Planet Models USA sells the upgrade.

Andrew,

On 6/29/2023 at 12:21 AM, Scoot said:

Hi 

karst.drenth.

Said you can use his up grade to make the DR5000 into a YaMoRC Command Station.

Iron Planet Models USA sells the upgrade.

Andrew,

It doesn't technically make the DR5000 into a YaMorC YD7100 or whatever since you don't get any upgraded HW but it does upgrade the firmware to match the capabilities as much as the original hardware will support, as far as I understand it.

I'll probably upgrade my DR5000 once our house is done and we're moved and I'd like to get the new command station as well -- one to run my actual layout and one for my test layout and my test harness for my app I am slowly working on, off and on.

On 7/13/2023 at 12:54 AM, bc6 said:

Any news on the availability of this DCC system?

The site still list the availability for mid Q3, in my opinion end of Q3 looks a better option, or also an early Q4 release.

Martijn Meerts

Site now says it's been delayed, with no new estimated release date.

However, I did get an e-mail from a store that sells Yamorc products, and they said there would be news soon about the YD7100.

Thi sis an update on YaMoRC and the new command station.  I copied this from the DCC Automation Facebook page (They are a UK dealer)

-----

Updates from YaMoRC about products and delivering times.

Hello dear YaMoRC customers.

Here is a status report on delivery delays, and the YD7100 in particular.

As already written on our website, due to the withdrawal of a DC-DC converter chip, we are unable to produce a number of products.

The affected products are: YD7100, YD7101, YD7652, YD6016LN-RC, YD7910 and YD7912.... The pre-order has already gone quite well for "YD7100 + 7101 Set", and to prevent disappointment we have worked out an interim solution in consultation with our distributors.

We have good contacts with the Far-East producers of the bankrupt Digikeijs and we were offered some remaining stocks of products that were ordered by Digikeijs, but never paid for, and after the bankruptcy of Digikeijs, they contacted us and offered us these products.

Among these products there is a limited number of DR5000 PCBs. This makes it possible to offer a DR5000-based central called YD7001-E as a replacement for the pre-ordered "YD7100 + 7101 set".

You can read the E as "expanded". The YD7001-E has already had the YD9401 upgrade, has YaMoRC green LED, fixed some weaknesses in the area of power measurement and the YD7001-E will measure not only the track current but also the track voltage, and also the input voltage from the power supply.

For information on this offer, please contact your dealer.

Exactly the same goes for our turntable controller YD7652. There is also a similar offer for this because we also bought DR5052 that had been produced but not paid for by Digikeijs. We also need make some quality changes to these units before we are able to sell them as YaMoRC products.

And onto what and how the future is going...

1. Since the command station needs to undergo a redesign. We are about to hit the road on this and instead of making a "small + expansion", we are about a complete the YD7100 + YD7101 into the same, larger, housing being used for the YD7001-E. Attached are the pictures of the new YD7110 We will come out with a release date later this year. The current rough estimate suggests the end of April 2024.

2. Because of the YD7110, the extension YD7101 will be cancelled.

3. The "small" YD7100 could possibly be released at the end of 2024, if there is sufficient demand.

4. YD7652, YD6016LN-RC, YD7910 and YD7912.... Well, because of your enormous demand for our products (Many, many THANKS for that ) we have been a little cramped in terms of development, and because development is very, very important to stand well in the future, we will temporarily stop the production and distribution of the YD9401 until the beginning of December. We are truly sorry because we know how many there are still to deliver, but in order to stay healthy within company and staff this is an unpopular but very necessary measure

5. Our booster YD7403 will be produced soon – hopefully in the 1st or 2nd week of December at your dealer.

A long post, and not always with pleasant news, but we believe this is the best way for as many people as possible – and importantly we will keep our company healthy

Your YaMoRC Team!

----

• Like 1

ok, I'll wait for the new YD7110 luckilly I didn't preordered anything from them so I don't have any big issue in waiting for the new product that looks even better.