Tomix platform

Jimbo

sadly tomix doesn't have english translation  with their instructions??  its going to be a challenge  putting together  this new platform!! i purchased  the 4275 one an can see lots of things that are not in the assembly  diagram!! oh well 

Edited by disturbman

@Jimbo, try google translate on your phone or tablet. You just point the camera at the text and it shows a decent translation of the character groups.

jeff

• Like 1

i can try that, was wondering if it  would work?? i have a kindle fire not sure if the phone has a translation though??

Edited by Jimbo

Don’t now if the fire has a translation app. If you have an iPhone or Android phone there are several translation apps for free, most notably the google translator, that work with the phone camera.

jeff

• Like 1

The Tomix urban station sets are quite intimidating at first with the huge amount of little pieces. After quite a bit of initial confusion I came to the conclusion that the instructions weren't of much if any use to me (and that's only partially a language issue). Instead I looked at the pictures on the outside of the box. Thus for instance when wanting to build the signals at the end of the platform, I looked at a finished pair on the pictures and then looked at the spruces looking for little bits that seemed to be the ones used to make them.

I think they are great sets, as they are so customisable. But I still haven't finished them, haven't added any of the stuff that hangs down from the roof.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

sadly tomix doesn't have english translation  with their instructions??  its going to be a challenge  putting together  this new platform!! i purchased  the 4275 one an can see lots of things that are not in the assembly  diagram!! oh well 

google translate is your friend 😏 kato dx platform instructions require translations as well. 

There are several You Tube videos, Jimbo. You can always mute the Japanese audio and just watch.

Edited by railsquid
fix name typo
  • Like 3

well the station is up an running finally,  way to many options though, it was like watch some you tube, look at the instructions  an then throw them lol   had to trouble shoot one light that wasnt working,on one of the platform ends, found the problem, that was fun  everything works now,  i guess thats why they call it modeling right     thanks

• Like 3
  • disturbman changed the title to Tomix platform

now that Ive had the tomix platform for a bit i really dont like it, lights are to dim they seem to just glow?? but then again i have added led strips to my other platform's which are way brighter, so i dont know if its just me or not enough juice going to the tomix platform??