JNS 15 in January 2023!

cteno4

JNS will have its 15th birthday in early January of 2023! 

still chugging along. We promise Musk won’t buy us out unless he gives the staff millions each, then it’s everyone for themselves and staff off to the Bahamas for a retreat.

cheers

jeff

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
Martijn Meerts

Sounds good.. Also, 15 years already? I know I wasn't there from the start, but I was one of the early members at least 🙂

6 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Well let’s not get greedy! I’ll see you in the Bahamas martijn with a nice rum punch on the beach…

jeff

It's Musk. Clean him out......😁

8 hours ago, cteno4 said:

on the beach…

jeff

Better to write it than to say it. Less confusing ... 😇

Edited by JR East

That’s the best guess, no one I’ve asked of the founders is quite positive, but it’s the best guess and fits!

well we won’t let musk pay us in shares of Twitter at least… but if we do sell out you will need to sign the contract providing him with all your worship as god and forsake all others.

But I think we are safe and glory years will continue, I doubt Elon likes to play with trains much—I think he just likes to suck them up with a vacuum cleaner…

jeff

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Claude_Dreyfus
16 hours ago, disturbman said:

“Japanese N Scale”

I think.

Yes, I seem to recall that being the meaning of JNS. I am sure someone like Darren Jefferies who mentioned it in a long forgotten thread.

It is amazing to see the evolution of the forum and membership on here. I joined in 2009, so not one of the 'Founding Fathers', but have been here long enough to see it develop. 

Despite its longevity, it has retained its friendly and approachable nature, mainly because it has stuck to what it was designed to be; a forum to discuss and share mainly Japanese railways and modelling. It is very good at being that!

Here's to the next 15 years.

• Like 1